Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

May 1 is generally the date you have to accept/decline for all colleges; so she should be okay in that regard.

2 Likes

It is interesting how AO harp on Test Optional and it won’t hurt your application, yet they never let on to the best scores will be accepted first (after auto). Live and learn those coming after us.

2 Likes

She did Early Decision at U of Miami, so if she gets in there, she’ll have to tell them before she may hear from TAMU. But that’s ok. OU is her solid second choice. They have a great honors program, you don’t have to declare your major for two years and they have been terrific about pursuing her; so she will be fine. But still. We all want TAMU.

This thread has been like therapy for me today. So thanks, all.

3 Likes

@RachelMTAMU94 timeline for admissions has been very different this year, unlike prior years.
What was her 2nd major?

2 Likes

Environmental Design

1 Like

I was not auto admit (my school does not rank) and I was accepted on 10/25 for Chemistry (not a super-competitive major). I applied 10/12.

5 Likes

Holy moly! That is fast and amazing. You must be a very, very strong student. Well done, you. Congratulations! And welcome to Aggieland!

2 Likes

Rachel - we are in the same boat - my D21 applied 8/1 and received acceptance 10/29. My D23 applied 8/3 - much stronger application - scores,gpa and checks her Howdy ever day before school. She’s been accepted to every other school. She’s applied and received really nice scholarships. She only wants A&M and is going to spend the weekend with her sister hoping somebody from the admission sees her walking on campus. Ha ha ha.

4 Likes

We have two with similar stats. Already received acceptances to all other schools they applied to, but Aggies at heart. Mentally preparing to not hear anything until January or February, just to stay sane. Of course, that doesn’t mean they don’t check daily (lol). I’m with you, it can be nerve-racking! Good luck!!!

2 Likes

Your student sounds like a well rounded candidate. Sadly, most well rounded find out after the new year and beyond. Those with high scores and holistic take the reins, primarily, for October November decisions but we will see some come in into December (usually one round that month) then radio silence til 3rd week of January.

I posted a time line somewhere on here of last years decisions. But every cycle is different so it’s just a basis point.

3 Likes

Hallelujah! Our application is completed and in review. :raised_hands:

Good luck to everyone! Stay calm, while we wait for a decision, if you can :slight_smile: !!

5 Likes

If your student is accepted at Galveston does that delay or impede possible admission into College Station?

2 Likes

No it won’t.

2 Likes

We are also still waiting! My daughter only applied in-state and has heard back from UTD and Baylor and waiting on the two flagships… but TAMU is her top choice. I’m expecting to not hear a decision until January but still hoping for a pleasant surprise, lol!

3 Likes

Don’t you have to commit if a student is admitted Early Decision?

It’s wild how many magnet programs and early college high schools there are these days. Yep, a lot has changed.

My daughter is class of 26. She had the same stats as your daughter, Top quarter at very competitive Texas HS, 4.2, worked 30 hours/week, 10 year Girl Scout with awards, 9 AP’s, athlete etc… and was offered Blinn Team Feb 1 so a long wait. Just a reference…

1 Like

Ugh. If you don’t mind sharing - What was your daughter’s SAT/ACT? Did she submit it? What high school? What was her major? Did she accept Blinn Team? If so, did she like it?

The scattergram for my D23’s high school shows that literally every kid in the top 30% and several below got into A&M for the past several years so we thought it was a lock. Now I’m very worried that not only will she not get in early but that she won’t get in at all.

And I’m wishing we had gone to a different high school where she would have had a better shot at top 10%. Her school is ridiculously competitive. Maddening.

My high school class of ‘21 son had 14-15% class rank, very competitive high school, lots of AP, 3.6’ish unweighted gpa/4.5 weighted…4 years marching band, 2 years as section leader, lots of other relevant leadership etc, great all around kid…he got PSA in March. He applied test optional because that was the Covid year and he had 8 canceled tests between SAT & ACT. It was such a blow lol. We were confident he’d at least get offered Blinn Team.

He’s now at Texas Tech and thriving!

7 Likes

Do you what she listed as her 1st and 2nd choice majors?

@FriscoDad - She put two majors in the same college as her first and second choice. Construction Science #1 and Environmental Design #2.

Do you think she would benefit by switching her second choice to something outside of the school of architecture? Like economics or communications? Or is it too late? Or will that hurt her chances?

She honestly just wants to get in.