Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

For my son, the 7 tabs showed up 11/16 along with his profile saying he was admitted (My dashboard-overview). AIS showed he was admitted 11/17 and a few hours later there was an acceptance letter under My Communications in AIS.

It’s not the only indicator. It’s the first indicator. And it’s fool proof.

3 Likes

He’s in Howdy. He sees: Academic Success Center, Study Hub, University Writing Center, Library, Class Search. Neither one of us knows what any of this means! He has not been accepted to TAMU.

Those are not the tabs. Someone who has current access can communicate what they are. They’re on this thread over and over but yet I can’t commit to memory lol.

3 Likes

Oh, good to know! Thanks.

The 7 tabs in Howdy are Home, Applicant, My Dashboard, My Record, My Finances, Student Life and My Howdy. Hope that helps!

2 Likes

These are the 7 tabs in Howdy that everyone is talking about. When you see these 7 tabs across the top, it means your AIS is about to change to Whoop! You’ve been accepted! It can take anywhere from 24-72 hours.

@AgDad , @ChristiR93 is 100% correct in that it’s the first indicator and it’s fool proof. In the 4 years I’ve been active in this forum, she’s never been wrong, nor has anyone I’ve known accepted to TAMU, not had it play out like this.

1 Like

@AgDad the student who applied won’t get any additional access to anything…unless they’ve been accepted.
And the precursor to getting formal acceptance will be the 7 tabs in Howdy appearing. Every school does it differently, this is the way A&M does it.
Like @Momof3B & @ChristiR93 said, it doesn’t happen immediately, but usually within 48-72 hours at the most. Your student will want to be credit card ready, to pay non-refundable $75 Housing deposit (if they plan to live on campus).

Thanks to everyone for the explanation & shared experiences. Thought I would ask one final question given all of your experience. When acceptances are issued, are they sent in batches at a particular time of day? For example, do they upload at midnight and if you have not received anything, is it safe to say that will be the case for 24 hours until the next upload? Or, do notices go out at random at any point of the day?

Good Morning. Waiting patiently like most of you. I have a highschool senior that applied first week in August. His 1st choice was Business and 2nd choice was Communications.
From what I am seeing and reading, it doesn’t seem like he would be accepted into Mays with the competition being so crazy! Does anyone have any thoughts on if we should change his 2nd choice to Econ or leave it as Communications. We just want his best chance for him to get into the school.

I feel like him taking business classes in highschool kept him from making the top 10% - he was about 50 kids away. All his business classes where on level.

His stats are below:
top quarter - 131/813
CU- 4.0 unweighted 3.867
GPA - 100.385
mostly honors classes - with 5 AP classes - AP scholar award
SAT - 1270
Baseball for 4 years - Varsity baseball for 2 years
Lots of volunteer hours (talking the FACS class this year)
Work history

@momof3nbtx did your son submit the 1270?

He did, not sure if he should have. I am seeing so crazy high scores of other applicants.

@momof3nbtx I’m just a mom, not an expert. But based on what we’ve seen, I would say Mays is out-1270 and rank.
@ChristiR93 and @FriscoDad are the experts, they can weigh in their thoughts, especially about changing major choices at this stage.
What exactly are ‘business courses’ in high school?

Comm won’t hurt his chances, but would he be happy with comm? What about ag business?

He’ll be accepted first. Choosing business won’t hurt him as first choice. He’ll go to 2nd choice if mays is full.

If he gets comm and and wants to change before nsc, he can request to an open major.

1 Like

@52AG82 In our highschool the kids have to pick an endorsement path and his was business. So he took classes such as Entrepreneurship, Business Information Management I & II, Money Maters…

1 Like

@momof3nbtx those sound like some great classes tho! He probably won’t hear from A&M until after Christmas break. If he’s asked about Blinn TEAM, he should definitely answer “yes”…and no to Wait List.

1 Like

@52AG82 Yes, he did note on his application that he would be interested in Blinn Team. Hope to get that pathway if the others don’t work out. He has been excepted to Tech Business and UArk Business but he really has his heart set on A&M. Good Luck to everyone… I had no idea how all this worked as this is my first senior!!

2 Likes

@52AG82 sorry accepted not excepted

1 Like

If a transcript is sent to office of admissions in January, will it be included in the application?

They will not consider fall transcript in decision making. Only 6 semesters count towards the decision.

However I have seen someone get named valedictorian in the spring (like February) and they did add it but they got team not auto. She probably would have gotten that anyway but they did submit it.

2 Likes