Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

@DTxAggie hmmm. In the past several years, you were given an Error if student tried to log on to Housing portal, before they were official; once student could log in (without Error), they could pay $75 deposit. No other ‘options’, just you got in and could pay (the 2 step process).

1 Like

If I log into the housing portal under my current Aggie’s account, there is an option to apply next to the “home” option at the top.

If I log into the housing portal under my new Aggie’s account, there is only the “home” option at the top. I don’t think that’s unusual based on what I read over the past couple years.

1 Like

I can login the housing link but no apply button.

1 Like

acceptance just dropped in AIS. Housing not open yet.

3 Likes

Where is this directory you are talking about?

1 Like

Yep, they updated AIS at noon.

3 Likes

Just got her acceptance!!! Still waiting on housing tabs.

3 Likes

FLORIDA Out of State and waiting.
TOP 10%, Number 1 out of 424
1550 SAT
5.55 GPA
ALL Mat and Science AP’s Complete
Applied for Mech Engineering

I’m sure someone else can confirm, but I think OOS applicants all go through holistic review. With numbers like that I doubt it’ll take very long once holistic review starts.

6 Likes

Our recruiter told us that my son’s acceptance may drop with In Staters or shortly thereafter.

1 Like

Does any parent know from previous experience if Hullaballoo will fill up with In State before any OOS can log on to housing?

My son applied for Engineering. I knew they had to be reviewed holistically but I was hoping it would be today… He is an auto admit and was admitted just now but he is in review for Engineering still. A link on the AIS says it could be mid- December :(( I really hope we do not have to wait that long.

3 Likes

Engineering review can take a couple weeks or may even extend past the October 15 engineering application deadline. But as others have said here, getting into TAMU is the hard part.

3 Likes

Yup :+1: We just want the A&M admit and worry about engineering later.

2 Likes

@jimdlt1 Hullabaloo will be full by end of day 2 dorm selection in the spring. Best chance for OOS or holistic student-wanting Hullabaloo-is to match with a roomie that has earliest dorm selection day.
You have MONTHS to figure that out…dorm selection won’t start until mid/end of April.

2 Likes

What does the AIS screen look like when accepted?

1 Like

Instead of saying your application has been received and is in review, it says “You’ve Been Admitted!”

3 Likes

So once my son is accepted 1) Pay the Admittance Fee then 2) Get right over to the housing site and pay the housing deposit. Correct? Sounds the same as the Florida (FSU, UCF, FAU, UF is later) schools, except our dorm selection opens on Feb 1.

THANKS DTxAggie

@jimdlt1 i don’t know anything about admittance fee? The most important thing is paying non-refundable $75 Housing deposit. Dorm selection is literally based on time stamp that deposit is paid.

Remember it is a 2 step process, with an email going to parents. It doesn’t go thru immediately. When it says something like “Next step is phase 2”, then it is complete.

2 Likes