Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

Got it! Thanks! With my other kids (In State Florida) there was an “Admittance Fee” and then the Housing Deposit.

2 Likes

FYI, in the 2027 thread, it looks like applicants started getting moved from Engineering Review to General Engineering on October 11 (including auto-admits who were first notified of their admission September 22). If they back up the engineering review like they did with auto-admits this year, we might know around October 3, but that’s just one possibility. They could wait until close to October 15 again since that’s the actual cutoff for engineering applications to be submitted.

2 Likes

That’s probably just the fee you have to pay when you register for NSC, but as you said there’s no need to pay that before applying for housing (and engineering applicants can’t even sign up for NSC until engineering review is complete).

3 Likes

Do NOT sign up/pay for NSC (if that’s even a possibility). That’s what A&M considers ‘accepting’.
PLENTY of time to do that later, when a formal decision has been made.

2 Likes

Got it. Thanks to all for the info. This Florida Dad is trying to get through the Aggie way of doing things.

2 Likes

As soon as anybody sees housing open, let us know!

3 Likes

Incredible stats. I have to think that, with Bright Futures, your son would pay zero tuition at UF.

1 Like

Correct. Bright Futures is ZERO NADA tuition. My other son actually gets paid about $1400 a semester. However, FSU, UF, and UCF are all weak for Mech Engineering. My son loved A&M and College Station.

1 Like

Looks like a glitch is is the works.

2 Likes

Not surprised… AT ALL! Housing has major glitches every year-either during the first wave of acceptances or the first day of dorm selection. You can count on one…or both. :crazy_face:

1 Like

FYI, well known College/Career Counselor out of Houston made a LONG Facebook post about UT Austin and Texas A&M yesterday. She gave admission stats for both schools last year, and deets for applying this year.

For Holistic students, here’s what she says-

3 Likes

Housing portal opened up sometime last night.

3 Likes

Housing portal opened at 6:00. I tried at 5:00 ish and it still wasn’t opened.

There are those rare times when being a horrible sleeper comes in handy. This is one of those times. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for posting!

1 Like

Whew. Son was admitted in the noon admission wave yesterday. The housing portal opened soon after but application was not available- just a loop till sometime after 6:00. Thanks for posting about housing app opening, it was a little bleary this morning and we might have missed it! Phase 1 completed. Thanks all. Time for coffee!

2 Likes

So follow up question. We got an early time stamp today. However, I’m understanding that the housing portal has been open for a while to existing (2nd year and up) students already, who would pick earlier than us in the spring? Correct?

Yes, students that are presently living on campus will be given the opportunity in feb/mar? to keep their existing room or switch to a new room. Not sure about students who are off campus now and choose to apply for housing next year - has the housing app been open for them for a while, when do they get to choose, etc.

1 Like

Probably not a new issue for this year, though. I’m guessing that’s affected incoming freshmen for a while.

Yes, this is nothing new. Dont know the statistics for students staying on campus after freshman year but some stay all four years.