Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

Anybody’s kid who’s been accepted got the actual letter yet?

2 Likes

We haven’t gotten anything physically in the mail yet, but the letter is under the “My Communications” tab in AIS. I think the banner by mail usually takes a couple weeks.

@Beechtoheavy University Honors or Engineering Honors? Both of those programs do send out mass emails, so don’t ‘read between the lines’.
Eng Honors is a solid program, UH is :-1:t3:

Probably university honors. Mine got that email earlier today. The engineering honors email seems to have gone out a week or two ago.

1 Like

I’m not reading anything into it other than he received the same mass emails that everybody else is receiving. I don’t know if they send it to everyone, or just the ones that expressed an interest on their application. I didn’t intend to come across as I thought my son was singled out, but was only replying AggieDad1996 that stated he was confused by receiving the email.

2 Likes

My son’s tab under manage applications looks nearly identical to the one that was posted on the “admitted” thread, but my son has not been admitted to TAMU yet. He is out of state holistic, so it may still be a while for us. However, it does list Major: ENGE - General Engineering Program: BAC-ENGE . . ., etc. I would be hesitant to get too excited about being accepted into General Engineering based on that, considering we have the same thing and not even accepted to TAMU.

1 Like

I can’t speak for OOS holistic reviews. I do know that in recent years it’ll initially say engineering review and then switch to general engineering once you’ve cleared engineering review.

AIS hasn’t updated to let us sign up for NSC yet, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see that happen at their next update (probably tomorrow).

1 Like

@Beechtoheavy i think you took my reply the wrong way-sorry! Some do get excited, thinking Honors emails mean admission is coming. I think it’s only University Honors and Engineering Honors that send the mass email, Business Honors does not. It can be misleading, for sure.
Engineering Honors is a great program, definitely go ahead and submit application.

Supposedly Oct 1 is the date holistic start hearing decisions. However, does your son have ‘review’ listed anywhere?

1 Like

Do you have 7 tabs on howdy portal?

1 Like

I tried to post a screen shot, but the system wouldn’t allow. However, here is what I have: Application Status: Under Review Level: Undergraduate Major: ENGE - General Engineering Program: BAC-ENGE-ME Location: College Station

Just to be clear to everyone, I do not see anything that makes me believe my son’s application has even been reviewed, much less being accepted. I’m not expecting anything to change before October at the earliest. I just want to point out that some on the “admitted” thread are celebrating being selected for general engineering because their tab (or status, whatever it is called) lists general engineering as their major. I know my son has not been admitted to engineering or even the university at this time, and his tab also lists general engineering as his major, but I’m sure that came from what he listed on his application. I hope those folks on the “admitted” thread are accepted into general engineering, but I’m not so sure what they are looking at should be taken as acceptance.

1 Like

No, just the basic 3. Since my son is out of state holistic, I am not expecting anything to change for awhile.

There’s a new message at the top of AIS.

It used to say: Freshman: The first full round of admit letters for students in the top 10% of their class will go out on Thursday, September 14.

Students will continue to be admitted on a rolling basis on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Review admits will be admitted on a rolling basis beginning early October; however, most review applicants will get a decision between January and March.

Now it says: Freshman: Students will continue to be admitted on a rolling basis on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Most review applicants will get a decision between January and March.

Do you think this means holistic decisions might come out earlier?

1 Like

Guess we’ll find out tomorrow. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Saw that too, I doubt that means much has changed, I still assume many review students like myself won’t be hearing back til the earliest of October, but I’ll still hope!

AIS updated this morning to show mine is in the College of Engineering with a General Engineering major. It previously said undeclared college as the college and engineering review as the major. It definitely looks like they’re already moving people out of engineering review.

AIS says that they’re still finalizing the NSC schedule and you can register in October.

1 Like

Update: Holistic review. Howdy portal changed to 7 tab this morning. AIS still application in review. Applied on Aug 1.

1 Like

Congrats! You should try accessing the housing portal. You should be able to sign up for housing before AIS updates.

1 Like

Would like an assist here. Do I need to be looking at the Howdy Portal?
We have the AIS shortcut on the desktop and just keep refreshing that.
Does Howdy show something else?
Thanks
Jim

1 Like

Log into Howdy. When you’re admitted, there are 7 tabs at the top (including one that says “Applicant”, others are “My Dashboard”, “My Records”, etc.).

When you’re admitted, you’ll see those 7 tabs. AIS updates later.

1 Like

OK. I see 3 Tabs HOME, APPLICANT and MY HOWDY
So I guess that means No Acceptance yet.

1 Like