Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

he applied on 10/8 and got 7 tabs on 10/12

Here is my auto-admit son’s application timeline for whoever is interested. I wish I had that info when he applied, so I hope this helps someone to understand the process better:

• 10/8/2023 - submitted common app
  • 10/10/2023–received email from TAMU with link for SRAR. Also, received another email with links to activate NetID, AIS and Howdy portal. The same day he submitted SRAR (it was ready to go) and activated NetID. Then, he used NetID to access AIS and linked SRAR to AIS. After that, AIS showed SRAR with a red cross. Everything else had green checkmark. Howdy portal showed 3 tabs: Home/Applicant/MyHowdy. AIS showed major as Mechanical Engineering (1 choice) and Computer Engineering (2 choice).
  • 10/11/2023 he uploaded resume in AIS portal.
  • 10/12/2023 - SRAR turned to green checkmark on AIS. Resume is visible in Received Documents. AIS status changed from Mechanical Engineering to “Engineering Review” and Howdy portal has 7 tabs: Home/Applicant/My Dashboard/My Record/My Finances/Student Life/My Howdy. He was able to login to Housing portal but did not see a link to pay housing deposit.
  • 10/12/2023 - AIS changed to “Admitted”, major is still “engineering review”. Still no link for housing deposit.
  • 10/13/2023 – A link to Housing Application appeared in Housing portal. He was able to complete housing application process (Phase 1) which includes paying a deposit of $75 Phase 2 will open on 10/18/2023.
  • 10/20/2023– acceptance letter came by mail. There were some materials there: a poster and a list of what needs to be done next. Nothing new there.
  • 10/24/2023 – AIS states he is admitted to general engineering!
5 Likes

Does anybody know if it is necessary to apply to engineering honors program by November 1? Is it tied to any merit scholarships?

For engineering applicants who have not been accepted yet, what does the major say under Manage Application? I think my daughter’s changed to General Engineering, but I may be going crazy. I thought it said Multidiscipinary Engineering Tech like AIS has. I’ve looked at it so often you would think I would know! She still has 3 tabs.

Does she have 7 tabs on howdy? Sounds like she’s admitted to engineering.

She still has 3 tabs.

Hmmm okay. If she doesn’t have the 7 tabs in howdy then she hasn’t been accepted. But changing to general eng is a good sign.

What are the stats like scores rank etc?

My AIS shows status as under review but Engineering major has been changed the General Engg and also all 7 tabs are showing up! no idea what this means!

2 Likes

is the deadline mentioned as Nov 1? I thought it was DEc 15th

Ours updated this morning too!

Does AIS Show Admitted or under review?

In review

We are in the same boat then!

You’re both in. 7 tabs means admission to TAMU, and General Engineering means you’ve completed engineering review and are admitted into the College of Engineering. AIS will update in the next few days. You can also go into the Howdy Portal and click on Overview in the My Dashboard tab, and under Fall 2024 it’ll probably show you’re admitted to College Station (or it will shortly).

3 Likes

Mays Business

Yay you’re in. It’ll update today or tomorrow.

Congrats.

thanks so much

1 Like

Ours updated to Gen EN on AIS and 7 tabs on Howdy showed up today. AIS still shows app in review.
Not an auto-admit, submiited on 10/7

S24 found 7 tabs on Howdy today (10/25). He also checked Overview in the My Dashboard tab, and under Fall 2024 it shows College Station campus.

The status on AIS still shows in review, but the major now is Gen EN.

He is OOS and submitted application on 10/15.

1 Like

where do we find housing portal and what credential your son used to log in housing portal on 10/12 before receiving the link to housing applciation on 10/13?
did he complete the housing phase 2 which opens on 10/18? what is phase 2?
thank you!