Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

That’s my greatest worry. @FriscoDad @52AG82, what are your thoughts? Has any admitted students had this happen before they were accepted?

1st was Mays and 2nd Liberal Arts.

1 Like

Check ‘Manage Applications’ or ‘Overview’

1 Like

No it won’t push back decision since LOR is optional. It is likely a Common App glitch.

1 Like

The glitch also shows on Howdy saying that the documents were now received on 10/23

Congratulation!

On the Howdy Portal, click on My Information, then on Overview. A page will pop up with the college/major/campus that they’ve been admitted to.

I’m also a “recovering swim mom”. :slight_smile:

That happened to my daughter as well. The 2 LORs show received on 10/13 and 10/19 and then also show received on 10/23 and 10/23.

1 Like

Has she been accepted yet?

1 Like

My son checked at lunchtime, he has 7 tabs today!
OOS applied 8/17
3.98 u/w 4.44 w
AP Scholar with distinction
9 AP’s
Top 10%
1300 SAT
7 Tabs for May’s Business School today!

I have been reading this thread to learn about the process and am appreciative for everyone’s guidance through this process. He is excited!

7 Likes

What were their stats?

My son has 7 tabs today! :star_struck:

Overview in Howdy shows Mays Business in CS

In-state Holistic review
3.85 GPA
33 ACT

Still waiting on AIS to update….

3 Likes

What time does AIS update after getting tabs?

1 Like

Does that mean he is admitted to his first choice? What exactly does general engineering? or will this go thru another round review to arrive at the exact branch of engineering he had applied for as first choice?

Our AIS is now updated! WOOHOO! If you had tabs this morning, check again!

2 Likes

You are admitted to the College of Engineering for your first year or so. Once you take 2 math, 2 science, and 2 engineering labs, you got through ETAM (entry to a major) where you select the specific engineering discipline you want. If you have a 3.75 GPA, you automatically get your pick. If not, you go through holistic review. Some engineering disciplines like computer science or biomedical are very competitive.

@tikkar21 your student needs to be VERY familiar with the ETAM process…

1 Like

Thanks! I logged in the housing portal using tamu email ( netID) and password, but I couldn’t find any link to apply for housing, just some information. I will wait couple more days.

1 Like

I believe a link to housing portal appeared on AIS when he was admitted - in the message which said something like congratulations you were admitted. You can also just google TAMU housing portal. When you login, a button for Housing Application should appear. If it is not there, wait for a few days. When you click that button, phase 1 of housing application will start. It is important to complete it and pay deposit as soon as you are able to. This puts you in line for campus housing which is limited. After that, 2nd phase will open up in a few days. I did not complete this yet. This phase will ask you for your housing preferences. This whole thing will become more clear when you start going through this process. I hope this helps.

@qata06 you’re the parent? Just know that only students should be logging into AIS and Howdy, especially for Housing.
Housing/dorm deposit is a 2 step process, and an email will be sent to a parent. Housing application is complete when student receives can email stating something about “the next step is phase two”.

Daughter got 7 tabs and AIS acceptance today!

In-state, designated top quarter at a non-ranking charter school
3.98UW
4.78W
1400SAT
Mays Business
Applied 8/1 via Common App, accepted 10/26!

Quick question. We are having trouble with logging in to housing. Housing wants a tamu email address which we don’t have. It seems the only way to get a tamu email address is to signup for an NSC, and I was under the impression you didn’t have to do that before paying the housing deposit. Are we having trouble because we are just a bit too eager and housing hasn’t technically opened up for her yet?

2 Likes