Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

Do TEAM offers and Gateway offers start in January? Or do any go out in December? Thanks!

My 2026 son got a TEAM offer the last week of January. We are praying the same for our 2028 son! :slight_smile: It’s been a GREAT pathway for my current son.

1 Like

@texasmom7 way too soon for pathway offers. End of January, at the earliest, most likely (based on prior years).

Oh yeah, I know it is way too soon. I did not know if any come out before the new year. Thank you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is Mays still taking acceptances or is it full now? I’m starting to get a little worried. I applied back in August as a non-auto but have seen other non-autos get in already with worse stats. I know it’s not all about the stats but it’s still discouraging to see sometimes. Just looking for a bit of hope here.

My son filled out phase 1 of housing application and paid the deposit. At the end of phase 1 a button for phase 2 appeared saying that it will open on 10/18. He did not yet fill out phase 2 and has not received any emails from housing. Are we missing a step in this process? We thought he would be put in line for housing when deposit is paid.

@natdav789 pretty sure Phase 2 won’t open until several weeks after student completes Phase 1/deposit. As long as student did the 2 step process to pay deposit & got confirmation that next step is Phase 2, it’s all good.

FYI-Phase 2 is absolutely meaningless, it doesn’t matter AT ALL what dorms students lists. Don’t overthink this, just list any 2 dorms and submit.
When actual dorm selection starts in late spring, it’s a free-for-all…each student frantically grabs whatever bed they can find. There’s no referring back to Phase 2. It’s quite misleading; it’s a required step, but one that no one ever looks at.

2 Likes

My son’s AIS changed to admitted on Friday morning and he scheduled his NSC, but either he’s looking in the wrong place, or the housing portal STILL isn’t open. Is it normal to take this long???

1 Like

@FriscoDad - WHEN do engineering honors acceptances/declines start to happen?

1 Like

It took about a day and half for the housing link to show up in the housing portal.

1 Like

That’s worrisome, since he’s in the housing portal, but there’s no link to apply. It says to select the application from the list below, but there’s no list!

Have you tried to contact the admissions person you are assigned? Or ask a question in AIS under Communications? Or maybe call? My daughter has not been accepted yet, but our AO has been super responsive and the Communications area was as well for a response. Good luck! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s what it looked like for us initially (and a number of other people as I recall). You could access the housing portal but it took a while for it to open up and actually give a link to apply.

My son emailed housing this weekend, and used the link in the communications part of AIS to email admissions, but no response from either. How would he find out who he’s assigned to in admissions, other than the man who spoke at his school last year (we’re local, in CS). Thanks!

We were able to get into the portal for about a day before the link appeared. Not sure if this helps, but when the link appeared, I didn’t notice it at first. I was expecting it to be in the list of links but it was at the top next to the Home link.

1 Like

I’ll have him watch above, instead of below. His links are still “Home and Housing Applications,” but no actual link to apply.

When my daughter got her initial acknowledgment response from A&M after applying, there was a name on there of someone to contact with any questions. It was on like the first email she received saying “thanks for applying!”

I am sure the others are correct in that it may be just take a day or 2. Probably nothing at all to be worried about!

1 Like

He should be able to click on Housing Application.

Nothing happens when he clicks on Housing Application. The paragraph still says “If you don’t see any housing applications listed below it’s because there are no housing applications available to you at this time.” Is that what should be there until the link works?

It takes 1 to 2 business days for housing portal to open.

1 Like