Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

Is it possible to change to “Test-Optional” (not to consider SAT/ACT) after submitting the application with Scores?

1 Like

@Bus2024 i can’t say for certain-but @ChristiR93 will know.
Your student applied Mays 1st? What was their 2nd choice major? And what test score was submitted?

1 Like

Yes, my student applied Mays Business School as 1st choice. 2nd choice major is Computer Science.

Computer Science, as in General Engineering?

Yes

So it looks like your student isn’t auto admit, submitted a 1270, and applied for Mays 1st and Engineering 2nd? Applied 10/14.
What is the student gpa and rank? Highest level of math taken? Strong or average resume?

Have they applied to other schools also?

I’d let @FriscoDad and/or @ChristiR93 weigh in-they’re the experts.

I wanted to know who are considered auto admit ? If say , student is in the top quartile and applies to college of engineering , what GPA and score do they require in order to be an auto admit ?

1 Like

@Bus2024 , my son applied to school of engineering on 10/14 as well and hasn’t heard back . His stats are below

GPA weighted - 5.1 / 5.0
SAT score - 1350
EC’s - Eagle Scout , IT internships / Part time Jobs
PVSA award and 400 volunteer hours
Baseball - 2 years and several clubs
AP scholar (9 AP’s)

This is the top 10% rule

To meet the requirements, you must graduate in the top 10% of your class at a recognized public or private high school in Texas or a high school operated by the U.S. Department of Defense and be a Texas resident or eligible to pay resident tuition

4 Likes

@DS24Sunshine is your son in state or OOS?

@tofuVolley gave the correct Auto Admit info.

Gotcha ! Already aware of top 10% auto admit . Sorry thought we were talking about the academic admit . Is there a specific criteria for that or is that all the same as 10%

We are instate

1 Like

There’s now only 1 auto admit-Top Ten% rule.

3 Likes

Still waiting to hear back.

• Top Q rank
  • ecos or comms major, accepted dance science minor
  • 4.5 weighted GPA
  • from a far north Dallas well known school district
  • Many PAP/AP’s
  • Over 100 hours volunteer
    Varsity athlete, NHS, lots of extracurriculars and leadership roles.
  • Went test optional but have an 1140. Debating submitting the Sat.
    Thoughts?

Our small private school finally allowed us to see this years A&M Acceptances in Scoir. There are a few admits with lower SAT. 3.86/4 1110, 3.86/4 26. This is a super small sample size to play with, but it’s hopeful for you.

My kid is loaded with ECs, leadership, service, 4 sport varsity athlete… still waiting TO too, but his grades are just top Q too.

1 Like

What was your child’s major?

not Engineering or Business - which are the only two at A&M that matter.

ETA - “matter” meaning engineering is early action and business is so hard to get into… my kid is applying to COE and I think he matters lol

7 tabs this morning!!!

Whoop!

13 Likes

What was your major?

I don’t think the other schools have started holistic admits