Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

Tuesday must’ve been the last day. When Mays is full…it is full. No Waitlist. Change of major and external transfers aren’t part of the incoming freshman process.
It is slightly later this year, normally Mays fills earlier, BUT this year’s admission timeline is totally different from prior years.

Around what time of year does the Bush School start getting full?

1 Like

@TigerGirl06 no idea? Visualization and Mays fill quickly, because they’re both super popular and put a cap on admission. Mays only accepts 1,125, Viz is WAY smaller.
You don’t really hear about other majors ‘filling’, like you do Mays & Viz.

2 Likes

what do you folks think of chances of getting in state tution waver or full tution scholarship for oss NMSF with 1540 SAT but unweighted GPA is only 3.9

@Aafat have you been accepted yet?

A&M website is a great resource.
https://aggie.tamu.edu/financial-aid/types-of-aid/scholarships/undergraduate-scholarships/national-scholars

2 Likes

No. Expecting it in Mid Dec . We are OOS

I honestly don’t see any way you get into TAMU engineering with your math background and that includes TEAB and Galveston because those are also considered full admission. You have to pre-qualify to apply for the engineering academies. I’m not sure what the bottom level for that is, but my high school son prequalified last week with a 710 on the math portion of the SAT and current enrollment in AP Calc AB. Maybe you can change your major on your application to something that is not so math/science heavy?

2 Likes

Yes, we are in a very similar situation and from a non-ranking school. Still waiting, but hoping to hear something soon. My class of '26 son with similar stats did not get his acceptance until January though so we may be waiting a while.

1 Like

Daughter has gotten into other state schools, but is hoping for Animal Science or Biology at A&M. Unweighted GPA 3.71, weighted 4.70 (a strong amount of AP and a college credit), 1260 SAT. She’s done Band and Choir all 4 years, some shelter volunteer hours, Veterinary Internship, but no leadership positions as that is not in her personality. Her HS is competitive and she ended up right over the edge into second quarter. We think being tagged second quarter will probably eliminate her for A&M. Do holistic admissions/rejections start to pick up after the Dec. 1st application cutoff? We’d like her to move on and focus on the schools that have accepted her, currently she is stuck on A&M and it’s all she can think about planning for.

2 Likes

For Animal Science, second quarter is hard, even first quarter holistic is 50/50.
UNT has pretty good Animal Biology program.

For Biology may get Blinn Team and Blinn Team Biology contract is quite friendly.

1 Like

She would do Blinn Team if offered, we had some concerns as parents but after researching it more it seems like a good option for her.

2 Likes

Do we know if anyone heard of acceptances this week or next wave will just be in December ?

If she is not admitted, transferring into Animal Science is a definite option (not familiar with the competitiveness of transferring into biology). She could either take the requirements at Blinn or a community college. But can understand you wanting her to pick a sure thing and not have to worry about transferring.

2 Likes

@52AG82 Are you sure that Mays is already full? I’m still waiting on mine and it still says I’m under review for business on the Howdy portal. It hasn’t changed to my second choice major yet which is econ. It looks like they’re still reviewing applicants.

Until they are about to give you acceptance, your first choice major will stay the same. When you see it change to Econ, you’ll know they are about to give you a good decision on your second choice.

1 Like

@CHILLAX01 @ChristiR93 is correct :arrow_up:

What are your stats (SAT/ACT, rank, gpa, etc), when did you apply?

What is the timeline on when they start offering second choice majors? Still waiting on Mays followed by Economics.

Holistic review students can hear by mid December to early Feb. as it gets closer to that time some will get an email asking if they are interested in:

Team only
Waitlist only for full admit
Both team and waitlist

Those that select team only right away will get team. If you choose both or waitlist only, prepare to chill for a month or so. Some will end up getting PSA even tho they got the options but chose waitlist only. Based on prior years.

2 Likes

I have never heard it laid out like that so succinctly. Thank you!

So if you don’t get that email, it’s pretty certain you will get PSA?

I believe that email went out and a bit later some who didn’t get the options got full admit but not a lot as in very few that reported.

After feb it gets to be pretty much psa and denials. Last year psa started in feb I believe. It was earlier than normal

1 Like