Texas A&M Fall 2017 Transfer

does anyone know if the admissions team looks at only the transfer audit, or do they look at the the official transcript sent with all the listed coursework?
because the transfer audit done for me left out my entire fall 2016 semester, the semester where I took the most rigorous courses.

I’m kinda late, but I applied for Construction Science and got my transfer audit 2/16, I’ve seen where others have already been accepted. Congrats!

STATS
GPA: 3.42 overall
Hours: 33 transferable
Breakdown of GPA and Hours:
Tarleton State University 14 hours (3.07 GPA)
Dual Credit 19 hours (3.68 GPA)
2 LORs

Required coursework in Progress, but will have all but Accounting and Tech Writing done for both Required and Recommended after this semester.That might hurt my app, I changed majors from engineering so Maths aren’t same for the 2 majors…

EC: TSU Skeet&Trap Team, TSU Honors Program

I had a lot more ECs in high school, but don’t know if they consider that. I took 16 hours of DC Drafting Classes in High School, and one of the LORs was from my HS drafting teacher, so hopefully that will help.

I did graduate in top 10% in HS, but again don’t know if that helps as a transfer applicant.

The wait is brutal!!!

@mudboat

Hey, I would’ve given you my opinion, but I really have no idea about the major you’re applying for. But I can tell you my audit was created a day after yours and I have received a decision already but that really depends on the college of your major.
Now, if they haven’t changed your first major to the second, it means one of two things; either they’re considering you and you might very well get it or it could mean that the college you’re applying for doesn’t regard second choice majors on the application.
You can forget about high school since you’re a transfer from a university with college credit but ECs do matter.
Finally, being a transfer from a university does give you an advantage I reckon.

Good luck, and I really hope you have the chance to get in because you sound very eager to be part of TAMU.

@TobyDammit

Your audit is what matters, because officially that’s what’s being tranferred. If you have the required courses on your audit with a good GPA and at least 24 credits, then you’re up for consideration. If courses from fall 2016 don’t show up on your audit that means they’re not transferrable and they won’t count towards a degree and when they review your application.

Hopefully you have what it takes on that audit. Good luck.

@Osaidmk1 Well I spoke with the UT admissions office and they said that they look at everything, so I assume its the same with A&M. I was only asking because Fall 2016 was my 5th semester at my local CC, and so I’m guessing the transfer audit left out that entire semester since I’m applying as a junior transfer. Unfortunately my Fall 2016 semester is where I took EngPhys2, Calc3, and DiffEq, all classes in which I received an A, and it was a semester that brought up my GPA quite a bit. I’m hoping to get this cleared up on Monday when their offices reopen.

@Osaidmk1 Thanks! I admit I’m a little worried that I haven’t heard anything yet. Congrats on getting admitted! Fingers crossed that it’s the first option you mentioned…haha. I’ll prob be obsessed with checking ais every hour next week!

Has anyone engineering major in computer science heard back yet? Still nothing for me yet.

Hey everyone! I applied for the Liberal Arts college with a 4.0GPA and 23 transferable credits, I think I’m going to be deferred for my Spring grades, but on AIS they haven’t even processed my transcript? Anyone in the same boat?

Hey guys, I suggest everyone look over their transfer audit carefully, and make sure that all your courses are accounted for. I noticed my fall 2016 missing from the transfer audit, and when speaking with their offices today, I was told that it was an error that would be fixed. Hope no one else had a similar issue.

@rishi_patel I didn’t apply to engineering but haven’t heard anything either. Are decisions usually updated on Fridays in aid or is it just whatever day it happens to land on?

idk how true this is considering that I’ve read that some engineering applicants have already received admission offers but TAMU’s website https://admissions.tamu.edu/transfer/majors says under the “College of Engineering” link that all summer and fall admission offers will be released in April. So keep your head’s high and good luck.

Checking in, to see if anyone got letters requesting Spring grades this week, or outright acceptances into engineering. I know it says April is the expected timeframe… Just anxious.

@lakeconroemom nope still nothing. I applied for the computer engineering program

Good luck @theCZA -hopefully this weekend they’ll begin to send out positive notices for those still waiting. My sons tabs flipped today, but not appearing to be for the degree he is wanting (industrial distribution). His 2nd choice was moved to the 1st choice spot, for 2 weeks now. So, it’s looking like he may be applying elsewhere if his acceptance isn’t for the degree he needs. Anyone else see their degree, revert back to their 1st choice after that long of a review process?

@lakeconroemom so your son got his tabs for housing? Thats pretty exciting. Congrats! Hopefully its the major of his preference! And to answer your question about your second choice major reverting back to your first choice major, from experience from applying last semester, my second choice major was moved to my first choice major and it never reverted back and I wasn’t accepted :frowning: so it looks like your son is in a good position!

Same for me. I had less than 2.0 about 9 years ago. A few F, D, W. but I sent in all my transcripts. I took about 50+ credits these two years and only had one B in us government. So I have close to 4.0 so far. But they averaged out all my grades in the audit and now my gpa is 2.68 … very worried. Mechanical engineering

@lakeconroemom @theCZA nothing for me as well, still in review, but for Construction Science. Good luck!

@catherinesc88 if those credits become ten years old by the time the semester you are applying for, you can have them removed. You would have to request a waiver to have them do it since the application deadline has passed, but it was something my wife and I considered before she got her acceptance.

Will most engineering decisions release in the next coming weeks since its April time almost now? I still have yet to here for my admission decision on computer science

Is anyone aware of the notification process? Will decisions be available on the portal first or will they send letters then update the portal? Do they communicate decisions via email?