Texas A&M Galveston

He figured it out - he has 7 for Galveston. Still hoping for CSTAT and Corps.

3 Likes

My daughter applied at College Station too. Still waiting for their decision.

1 Like

Glad you found it.

For anyone else wondering, location will be the place to look.

3 Likes

I looked under my dashboard, the overview I believe.

2 Likes

Son’s AIS just changed to Accepted! For Galveston.

3 Likes

Does somebody have experience with Maritime Academy?

1 Like

For those who has/had kids at Galveston - Can they also take the distance education classes that is listed on the class schedule while at Galveston? (Location: Not at Galveston or College Station - listed at “Distance Education”). Thinking like a music appreciation, Money Education, or similar online core class/electives to fill out the required 12 hours.

I can’t answer for sure, but be aware that 700 level distance education classes are very costly. Yes, good news is, they’re A&M classes (so count in gpa vs Blinn or other community college), but they’ll cost ya!

2 Likes

I know this is Fall College Station 2022 schedule, but this is not a 700 level correct and can be taken from Galveston? (If they offered it again in 2023)

@Penny_Jones i honestly don’t know. If you’re asking about starting out at Galveston, trying to get to College Station, you’d need to ask a TAMU advisor.
But I do know Distance Education classes cost a lot more.

1 Like

Thank you. Email sent to desired major academic advisor a few days ago. I know they are swamped now with current students.

@Penny_Jones I’m still not exactly sure what you’re asking??
College Station (and I assume Galveston?) pre-registration started yesterday. You’ll probably have better luck communicating with an Admissions person, advisors are swamped.
Your student has been accepted to Galveston, but waiting on a decision from College Station, is that correct?

Correct - admitted to Galveston, waiting on Cstat. I emailed the Cstat advisor to ask questions. I was reviewing the classes son could take at Galveston for Fall 23 based on Fall 22 offerings. A few classes that he wanted states Distance Education on the schedule (for CS schedule not Galveston schedule). We did not know if he could take one or two of those while a Galveston campus student. A few Galveston experienced moms posted above so I was wondering if their student took these DE classes during their time at Galveston?

1 Like

@ChristiR93 can you answer the question above?

@Penny_Jones you contacted College Station, not did your prospective student? Personally, if student hasn’t even been admitted to CS yet, not sure either one of you should be contacting a CS advisor; I’d have your student ask AO, or great question to ask on a campus tour. Don’t expect anyone to reply to you, since you are the parent; advisors, professors, etc communicate with students only.

1 Like

You should have same access to DE Ada Galveston student and cstat student. They’re the same school just different campus so safe to say it is offered for both.

As @52AG82 stated it is very costly and not worth it (IMO) especially for an easy class like creative arts.

1 Like

My son took a 500 section class online and there was no fee, but as others have mentioned, the 700 section classes can have hefty fees. From your post, click on the class and you will get another menu which gives more info about the class, syllabus, fees, etc, to see about fees. Sorry dont know if a 500 section CS class that is online can be takes in Galveston.

ETA - when doing a class search, pick Galveston fall 2022.

2 Likes

@Eggscapgoats yep, the 700 level and all summer school classes are staggeringly💲. Not worth it, for sure.

1 Like

I agree! Made the mistake of thinking May minimester classes were part of spring semester tuition. Oops!

1 Like

For those whose kid got accepted to Galveston, congrats! My son has been loving his freshman year and… he says a little known secret is that there’s more Aggie spirit in Galveston than he sees in College Station. (He goes to College Station a lot for games and to see friends there). He loves the Midnight Yell in Galveston too.

3 Likes

That’s wonderful! We attended Aggieland Saturday a couple of weeks ago with our younger son (potentially interested in ocean engineering) and were really impressed. We ate lunch in Captains Landing just to check it out and enjoyed it, well, besides the pizza. :rofl:

May I ask which dorm is he in and his impressions so far?

1 Like