Texas A&M University at Qatar - Main Thread and Chance Me!

As there’s no main thread to TAMUQ Class of 2024 and onwards, I thought I’ll just make one :slight_smile:

Chance Me for Texas A&M University at Qatar and CMU-Q Class of 2024:

Academics:
6A* 2A 1B in GCE O Level
2A 1B in GCE AS Level
Predicted 3A A Level
1300 SAT - I know that’s the chink in my armor :frowning:
IELTS Academic 7.5 Band overall
University courses from University of Manchester, Duke, Lund - they might waive me some credits
Salutatorian of graduating class
Received highest merit scholarship in high school for performance in CAIE exams

Recommendation Letters:
Sent recommendation letters beside the reference forms. They are pretty strong as Texas lets you view them.

Essay:
Though I have heard the essay is not VERY important, I spent a whopping 3 months to perfect my essay, discussing why TAMUQ is a perfect choice for me.

Extracurriculars:
Founder of a nonprofit charity in my home country planted 1500 trees in 7 cities and collaborated with Fed. Govt. on Climate issues
Developed an environmental sustainability mobile application to address civic issues
Founder of Environmental Awareness Club at high school
National Balsa wood glider competition runners up and captain of the team
National WWF Arts competition Winner (sketching)
Intensive research in sustainable energy during Carbon Footprint Challenge 2019 at ETH Zurich
A few regional awards in table tennis and chess
other extracurricular activities too but they are on regional and school level

I also showed interest by frequently emailing the admissions during this process. I hope that helps.

I will really appreciate if all those who applied to TAMU-Q or CMU-Q could share their stats in a similar way.

I’m pretty positive you’ll get in! People fail in AS physics and get in!!! ? keep ur hopes up

@exvegan Thanks for the motivation!
The A I have in AS Physics might help here ?

@LaserShark did you get in CMU’Q

sky0987 No I didn’t. I got into Texas though and I am very happy!