Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Super helpful!! Thanks for those links!

1 Like

Yeah I’ve never heard of that happening. They offer more than they expect to accept. I just don’t want you getting hopes up that this happens.

My son changed his major after accepted but had to email the advisor for approval before he could do it. All of this happened in December of his app year.

My daughter got into Mays today! Whoop!!

9 Likes

Still 3 tabs according to my son. But today he got email from TAMU asking him to upload the certificate from his Cybersecurity class for Microsoft 365 MS-500 test.
Talk about holistic review, he mentioned that in his resume.

Hope he gets good news after that! :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

OU has quite the strong recruitment game!

4 Likes

We are same…waiting with you.

Wow I think that’s the only Mays we’ve seen. Most got 2nd choice major.

3 Likes

When did she apply? My son got in today but not his first choice of Mays

OU definitely has the best recruiting/pr team out there. With their acceptance box and the constant flow of emails, they definitely know how to show the love.

4 Likes

He’s in first quartile

Posting to say congratulations to all that got in today/the last few days, so happy for y’all!!! :partying_face: :partying_face:

6 Likes

Our son got into Mays today! Thanks to all on this forum for sharing your experiences with this process! He applied Aug. 3rd, similar resumes to many talented kids on this forum. And thank you ChristiR93 for great insight and positivity throughout this process!

8 Likes

Applied 10/28!

I’ve also heard that Mays is now full? It’s been telling students in the changing majors portal that they cannot select BA anymore because they aren’t accepting anymore applicants. Is that what it means?

I don’t think it works that way. But I understand the disappointment. I was surprised during our campus visit during the summer to learn that majors filled so quickly. I had never heard of that before. I expected if you got in, you would get your major. It was a shock to learn that wasn’t necessarily the case. So we made sure she applied to several schools with majors similar to Viz in case she didn’t get the VIZ major. Because she wasn’t going to go to a school if she couldn’t major in her field of interest. Although others may feel differently about this. This was important to us.

I know it’s possible but I don’t know how many people are successful in changing their major after admittance to the programs like Viz that fill quickly and easily. I’m not sure what the odds are. Perhaps someone else does.

1 Like

What similar programs to Viz did y’all find? We found one at Saint Edward’s and something at UT Austin. Not sure DS wants to travel too much farther from home though.

Hi! I’m new here. My daughter is also interested in animation. There are many great animation programs-search animation top schools and you’ll find a list of the top 50 programs. Some are more art based, some more computer etc. My daughter is waiting to hear from TAMU viz but not holding our breath. She’s also waiting to hear from UTD that has a similar program. She’s in at Tech, St. Edwards, OU, Mizzou, and University of Tulsa. She’s probably going to OU because we have a family tradition there and after talking to the art and communication schools she’s certain will work for her.

3 Likes

UTD: BA ATEC

ASU: BFA Animation, BS/BA Digital Culture, BS graphic design, BS graphic information technology.

SMU: BA/BFA double major Art and creative computing.

Feel free to Message me if you want to discuss further. I don’t want to take the group too far off topic since this is an A&M thread. :grinning:

1 Like

Yes thank you ChristiR! Acceptance process for my son…
Howdy changed to general engineering Thursday afternoon.
Friday morning 7 tabs in Howdy and was able to submit housing deposit.
Friday afternoon AIS changed to Welcome to Aggie Family!!
Friday night acceptance letter available under communications tab in AIS.

Congrats to those who have been accepted​:+1: Good luck to all still waiting. :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

Congrats on Mays! That’s quite the accomplishment. What does he want to do in business… mgmt/acct etc?