Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Stupid question alert!! What does seven tabs mean? My son got his offer but I truly don’t know what seven tabs mean. We are SO EXCITED over here!!! Already paid housing application fee! :tada:

1 Like

@mamasev , “seven tabs” simply refers to when your Howdy portal expands to seven tabs in the navigation bar – a harbinger of an official acceptance notice to come. There are screenshots in this thread.

2 Likes

Hadda turn my phone sideways! :wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hi @ChristiR93, do you think my son has any chance on second choice since Mays looks full?

I think his stats are good enough to get into tamu. Just didn’t make it in soon enough before Mays filled up. I bet he gets in next round. Major is irrelevant (aside from engineering). Once you’re admitted they’ll put you in your choice of spots still available. They don’t review your app and think… oh he’s good for business. Same does not hold true as a transfer student.

Keep us posted!!

Thanks for your great support. When do you think the next round will be?

Small chance that there is one before the break! I wouldn’t hold breath but since this one came out so early, I think they could do another round. If not it’ll be no earlier than 2nd or 3rd week of January if history proves itself.

1 Like

It happened…and maybe it happened yesterday but we were busy. Just looked and there are 7 tabs and a big WHOOP! You have been Admitted!

My son will be going to College Station Majoring in Engineering.

He had a 1420 SAT, top 20%, band and golf all 4 years, lots of AP classes, unweighted gpa was 3.72.

The excitement and relief is here! I did the housing deposit…what is next? How many groups should I join? lol!

8 Likes

We went ahead and scheduled for the NSC, that way we can plan our summer vacation around it. I haven’t found Fish Camp details yet.

Where is NSC?

It’s held on campus. New Student Conference (orientation) - it’s mandatory and signing up is how you commit to TAMU. I believe the students will also meet with an advisor and register for classes. Someone correct me if I’m wrong, my last Aggie graduated 2010, so I’m relearning everything. Excited to get to be an Aggie Mom again.

2 Likes

Fish Camp and Impact registration isn’t until April or May. Like everything at A&M, registration is fast & furious, all sessions fill up quickly. And you can just about count on the website to crash (seems to happen a LOT).

2 Likes

@Pamg congrats! I posted links for the 2 main Parent pages + Engineering parents page, join those. Be sure to answer all questions, or you’ll be declined.
Read threads, always use the :mag_right: before posting-most likely your question has been asked before.
Google and TAMU websites + social media can answer just about anything.
Your son needs to get into the habit of checking his Howdy portal and TAMU email (once it’s set up) often, especially spring semester. All communication goes to him.
Housing is the biggest ‘must do’ (there are sooo many posts about dorm selection on both main pages), and scheduling NSC. Engineering website has a checklist of things to do, once student is accepted.

3 Likes

Right there with you @PlanoAggies. My son is still waiting and has virtually the exact same stats. It’s like they are scholastic doppelgangers! I remember reading your post about your kiddo’s work experience and thinking that sounded really impressive. A definite plus. Also, you said they sent a communication on Friday about uploading an MS 360 certificate of his. I think that is a really good sign. It means it caught their attention and that’s always good. Another plus. I’m pulling for him, and yes, please keep us posted.

2 Likes

Thanks, rooting for your son too!
My son’s first and second choice are similar. May’s Information Management, and College of Education’s Technology Management. Both are ITs. My son has a lot of ERP basic programming experience from his work so he doesn’t mind taking the second choice if offered.

2 Likes

Thanks ChristiR93! He doesn’t know yet what he wants to study. He’s interested in Mgmt Info Systems and Business Analytics. Has a strong aptitude for statiistics/math and economics…will be excited to see where the path takes him!

2 Likes

Mays looks full? How do you know that? I never found one bit of information on May’s being full. Our son was accepted to Mays fairly recently, so the ‘Mays is full’ rhetoric doesn’t help people.

Question: is it possible to go into AIS and change second choice major, but keep first choice the same?

1 Like

Same exact interests with our son. He’s very happy about Mays acceptance, but also has some other great options, so not sure where he will end up next year.

Quite a number of people in this thread got second choice. And in the past few years Mays full in November. I sure hope some more acceptance in the next two weeks.

1 Like