Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Econ still shows as second in AIS & Howdy. No changes since she got the “in review” app complete messaging in August.

2 Likes

What in the world is the value of your comment? You’re telling me my kid, whom you do not know, should not attend Mays because I questioned the admission process?

McCombs is the #5 business school in the nation. Mays is #38.

Anyone get six tabs today?

Well this isn’t the only sub that you have an attitude under. you’re under the ut austin sub telling people to " not waste their time " asking other parents what they think. Not surprised someone called you out. Keep your negativity to yourself

4 Likes

Happy Friyay! @52AG82 is always helpful and honest. I reread her comment to you and yes I can see where you could have taken it wrong. I can assure you her comment was to promote UT and tamu and that it’s okay that tamu or Ut aren’t for everyone.

@all… let’s have a happy day. Wasn’t expecting another round so don’t be disappointed. Still possible to have another before the break but this year has looked a tad different than last so hang in there.

Oh and picture this… this time next year… your kids will be preparing, stressing and taking finals!! It’ll be here before ya know it.

10 Likes

It isn’t about the ranking, but more about the type of people you want to surround yourself with who share your values. I know many Texas students who won’t even consider applying to UT and have absolutely no desire to go there.

3 Likes

I have kids in both programs and can tell you they are both being set up really well. Even more interesting, what my Aggie is doing is not possible from McCombs and what my Longhorn is doing is not as likely from A&M. It is all about the extra programs in my opinion for BOTH. Not McCombs and Mays!

3 Likes

@justinausten I am sorry. You definitely took my comment the wrong way. I’m not telling your kid where to go, I don’t even know your kid. You haven’t given any stats, but just hop on this thread and start undermining & questioning the TAMU and Mays admission process. For those parents with kids that applied in August, still waiting for a decision, it’s pretty belittling. Not cool. The college admission process-this goes for every school-is quite complex, frustrating and has lots of curveballs. I’ve got a current Aggie, so I’m thankful this is behind us.
Wherever a student attends, whether it is an Ivy League, SEC, Big12, Division 1, private liberal arts college, community college, trade school & everything in between, both parents and student need to feel confident that that is the school where their child will thrive and get the best education.
If your son attends Mays, I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised at the rigor of academics, programs, speakers and trips offered, and amazing students & professors. I never hear of students or parents complain about Mays advising, they are genuinely happy students who go on to have very successful careers in all the top business institutions around the world.
Sounds like your son has several college options, that’s great! I hope he will choose the school where he’ll be happiest and have a great college experience!

*FWIW-i am not an Aggie. My father got his undergrad & MBA from UT, my brothers are UT grads, plus pretty much every aunt/uncle/cousin on my dad’s side. I grew up wearing burnt orange, my mother and I went to Baylor and I married an Aggie. I am now a proud Aggie Mom who supports my Mays Business Honors student 110%….she is exactly where she needs to be, and that’s a great feeling!
I’m very equal opportunity :blush: :+1:t3::green_heart::yellow_heart::metal:t3:

10 Likes

Anyone got decision this morning?

Don’t know about others but I didn’t but we’ll see what happens (predicted deferral to next round though)

@D_B2 pathways will be offered starting in the spring- PSA, TEAM, TEAB, Galveston, McAllen, Gateway, Blinn-Bryan Academy, etc.
Some acceptances will still come, too!
Don’t give up yet! :crossed_fingers:t3:

Let me clarify this one just a bit…

*Deferrals for early decision on Engineering will come out this month (deferral or acceptance).
*TEAM is typically end of January (this is non engineering majors that participate in TEAM).
*Offer to Waitlist for full admit/Galveston/McAllen and TEAB (Engineering only) will come out end of January. NOTE: those that chose non waitlist heard back super quick. Those that waitlist may wait til April to hear something.
*PSA: soft denial but still a pathway comes out in February.
*Gateway comes out before TEAM offers and is very few in numbers. GREAT program and probably my favorite.

This has held true the past few years. So just a guideline, not an absolute.

3 Likes

So by choosing non waitlist, is a student saying admit me now or nothing? Did the non waitlist people get in? Or did many just get offered PSA? Just wanting to know so if it comes to that we can be prepared to make a decision about how to respond. Thank you!!

Is any acceptances going to be sent out today?? Or is this month over and we’re stuck waiting for past the break…

It went both ways. If presented with that offer, act quickly. TEAB is the way to go. All access to TAMU, just like a full admit! Save money and take core classes at blinn/rellis and engineering at tamu main campus.

3 Likes

Thank you! Good to know! Just gathering as much info as we can now, so we are not stressed and rushing to decide if/when this presents itself

1 Like

Can you please explain how Gateway or TEAB might play out for my son? His first choice is Mays and second choice is Economics. We are still hopeful for full admit to Economics, but we want to be prepared, thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Team or gateway. (Teab is engineering only).

Gateway is used mainly for those that might need a little transition period between high school and freshman year. They take 2nd summer session and are required to take 6 hours I think. Then they start freshman year like everyone else.

Team is 2 year program. Check the majors on requirements. Mays is steep.

As for whether or not you’ll get offered either of these, I have no clue. I’d have to go back and look at stats.

1 Like

Definitely thank you so much!

1 Like