Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Ahh makes sense, thanks for the clarification!

I’m flattered that you’re a follower. Earlier this summer the parents on CC were talking about how NM was so important to A&M, so I told my kid ok, then just wait till College Board sent out the official notice before sending his app. Then people on here are talking about Mays being full when my kid had barely even gotten his app in (and he got accepted, so it wasn’t full). Clearly just bad input all around. Only admissions people can accurately answer admissions questions, not parents. That’s not negativity, its reality.

2 Likes

@ChristiR93 , does TAMU update or send rejection email to students? I hope they do so I can convince my son to accept admissions at UT Dallas and save himself and his parents all this stress :frowning: he is hopeful and think with his first quarter ranking, , he has some chance :slight_smile:

That’s great your son is NM! Those students can wait and submit in October and still get Mays for sure. It fills up in Nov/early Dec every year and when we had academic admissions, it would fill up in October. Craziness.

Hope your son chooses Mays! Aggieland is a great place to live, learn and grow. He’ll do great wherever he lands though!

1 Like

Psa won’t come out til February at the earliest. Very very few get an all out denial. Those are typically from not completing the application or if your application is really subpar.

Does he have a timeline for UTD? If not, then don’t stress about it and just let the process continue (so easy for me to say lol. I get that).

2 Likes

If you think that, why are you on this board?

4 Likes

@ChristiR93 @52AG82 @NDTA96- just wanted to call out-Appreciate all your knowledge and thoughtfulness in answering everyone’s questions here. Thanks for doing this.

14 Likes

@hraj Ditto

2 Likes

Your opinions are appreciated, however, the rest of us do appreciate the parent input as they are often informative and based on personal experience rather than just having stats or the “sweeter version” from admissions that have the job to get students to apply. Myself and many others appreciate @ChristiR93 @FriscoDad @NDTA96 @52AG82 and so many others inputs on this platform as they help us through our/our children’s college application just as @hraj has pointed out :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I’m a follower because I’m on subs of colleges that I’M applying to? (an actual student) You’re a grown man on here for your “kid” so don’t even go there lol

3 Likes

Not a single post claim you need to wait for NMSF to apply. Not to mention PSAT taken more than a year ago. Most have rough idea if they are SF or not that has nothing to do with application, one only waits for NMF letter and that’s for scholarship.

Reddit has image from official reply from TAMU AO that Mays is at capacity back in Dec 6th.

6 Likes

Thanks for the reply. So just to clarify, if your child is offered Gateway, they would start college early this summer? Would they know which major? Sorry— this is all new for me!

@ChristiR93 thank you so much. I hope and pray it works out for my son and his dream of becoming an Aggie :heart: You are doing such a great service to all the anxious, nervous parents and kids :blush:

4 Likes

I applied for Biology in the middle of August and haven’t heard back is this normal?
I have a 3.45 GPA and a 4.1 W with 14 AP’s (Passed all with all 4’s and 5’s) and a 1450 SAT

1 Like

What quarter?

Yes they start 2nd summer session. Love on campus with other gateway kiddos. Take certain classes. Then work with advisor on major/degree plan.

1 Like

2nd

The score is amazing. The quarter isn’t great but with the score, I believe you’ll be good assuming rest of app is solid (course rigor/essay/ec etc).

Thank you so much!! I was getting stressed due to all of my friends receiving acceptances.

1 Like

Hang in there! We’re rooting for you!

3 Likes