Texas A&M University Class of 2026

We are still waiting to hear from A&M. Daughter goes to a non-ranking school. She applied test optional. She was assigned first quarter and has a 4.33. She has over 100 volunteer hours and has played multiple sports. She was captain of her volleyball team. Her first choice is Allied Health. Any idea of when we might hear something regarding a admissions decision?

1 Like

Happy Sunday.

I don’t think we have heard of many if any test optional holistic review students getting a decision yet.

Anyone else know?

Last year sooo many obviously went test optional. This year it’s definitely in the minority for those that went this route. I don’t know how tamu views that or if most test optional are getting reviewed later?

So to answer your question, you probably won’t hear til January if a positive decision and maybe feb or March for psa or denial. Her stats seem solid though.

@ChristiR93 Thank you!

1 Like

[quote=“ALN, post:2264, topic:3521633”]
send rejection email to students? I hope they do so I can convince my son to accept admissions at UT Dallas and save himself and his parents all this stress :frowning: he is hopeful and think with his
[/quote

Checking for understanding- if we don’t hear anything by Feb- start looking at the other offers and potentially count A&M as a rejection? Have many heard about acceptances to the humanities or education programs that are not auto admit?

My daughter is holistic review but did submit test scores. I just responded to another thread as well. Is it safe to assume that if we don’t hear by February it is important for my daughter to begin seriously looking at her other offers?

@Khare , I told my son that if he does not hear anything back by mid February, we need to move on and start working on his UTD housing etc.

1 Like

After February in years past, psa offers or those that had already been offered to choose options (waitlist) are what we saw come out. Again, this year I feel there is a slower schedule and this could go into March. But yes, after feb not much positivity coming out.

We also saw last year in March April where some people originally offered team were offered full admit. Just FYI

February is a long way off though y’all. Most get accepted January/February. What we’ve seen so far are just a small group representation.

4 Likes

August 1st when we submitted was a long time ago. Feb feels like it will be here tomorrow. We are still very hopeful, but I don’t want to encourage a façade. I am grateful for this community and your experience. It helps me support my daughter as she waits.

3 Likes

@Khare , same here. I think my son has decent stats to get admissions in the Math Department. Top quarter at a very competitive HS ( not that it matters) 10 APs, scored 710 in MATH SAT, plays varsity soccer. I am grateful for this forum but given that the admission decision varies every year, there is absolutely no telling who gets in and who does not.

3 Likes

I am still surprised your son hasn’t heard yet. I do think he has a strong strong chance of full admit.

2 Likes

I’m like you and so many other parents here. Just waiting and depending on the day the emotions swing…some days my daughter feels she has a great chance for Econ now that Mays is full (top quarter, 3.95/4.8 weighted, 400+volunteer hours, 4 yrs varsity golf, works 20-30hrs per week managing a store, and other ECs) and some days the randomness of the review process has us worried that she’s not what TAMU is looking for because we’ve heard nothing since 8/1 application. It will be good for some closure hopefully in January so she can plan to be an Aggie (fingers crossed) or move on to UTD or Baylor.

I haven’t seen any biomedical science admits posted. I’m assuming automatic admits for BIMS have been accepted, but have any review candidates been admitted for a BIMS major? Like many other parents, I feel my daughter has fairly strong stats, but hasn’t heard anything.

My daughter’s friend was holistic review and accepted to BIMS on 12/3.

Thanks! Glad to hear that they are actually reading BIMS applications :crazy_face:. Hopefully we’ll hear some news soon!

2 Likes

Last year there were some admissions on third Thursday (12/17/2020).

For small majors (~100 enrollment), it is common AO tally all review-admit applicants scores unless applicants have very high SAT/ACT.

3 Likes

Any idea how many get accepted to Econ? Thanks

For major Economics, non-auto, freshmen, last 5 years

econ

1 Like

For major Mathematics, non-auto, freshmen, last 5 years.
This is an example of small size and likely AO will tally all review admits data. So it is common to hear results late.

maths

1 Like

@1stCollegeRodeo I may be biased (I’m a BU grad), but I’d take Baylor Hankamer Business School in a heartbeat, especially if her heart is set on being a business major v economics. Hankamer is an outstanding business program‼️

4 Likes

@FriscoDad , thank you so much !

1 Like