Texas A&M University Class of 2026

My apologies! I don’t think I know where to look on AIS. Thanks!

Logon to AIS (Howdy->Applicant Tab->Admissions->Applicant Information System (AIS) login)

See something like below in required Document section.

If your high school doesn’t rank, based on your SRAR TAMU will assign you a rank (e.g. 1st Quarter), if you are top 10%, TAMU will require you to send official High School Transcript.

ais

4 Likes

So this is interesting. One of my twins that got a confirmation that he applied to Honors LLC (that I posted about recently) although he had chosen only the Engineering LLC in Phase II housing, just received an email about exploring and to apply to the Honors Program. My other twin didn’t get this email although he was accepted sooner. They both have similar GPA’s, but the one that got the email has a 1500 and the other twin has a 1420 on the SAT. My son is already concerned about the ETAM process so was hesitant to even think about the Honors Program. From anyone’s experience here, what are the benefits of the Honors Program in Engineering and is it much more challenging while trying to do well in the ETAM process?

@aalv I can’t speak specifically to Engineering (my Aggie is Business Honors), but being in Honors allows for early/priority registration every semester and ‘usually’ HNR sections have the better professors and smaller classes sizes. Early registration is HUGE, especially for Engineering.
Students do not have to live in Eng Village if they’re in HNR; half my Aggie’s Hullabaloo Hall were Eng Honors.
Here’s the link to the program-

University honors or engineering honors?

1 Like

Agree with @ChristiR93, University Honors or Engineering Honors, @aalv? HUGE difference‼️
I was thinking you meant Eng Honors, but you may be talking about UH.

Any wave tomorrow?

1 Like

@aalv, since you wrote “Honors Program in Engineering” I assume you mean Engineering Honors. I asked a similar question back in November and I recall you were in the discussion too. I found this response (post #256) helpful:

1 Like

Oops, I was confused when I read the email. It’s for the University Honors Program. What is the difference between the two. Thanks.

1 Like

@aalv i was afraid of that. I definitely wouldn’t do UH as an Engineering major. While there is the perk of early registration, the extra time needed for UH program isn’t worth it. UH is based on a point system, requires a lot of mixers/socials/team building activities as a freshman. It isn’t specific to your major, so student is left to ask professors to ‘make’ a class honors section some semesters, and professors don’t have to. Sometimes that can include a research paper, or something else time consuming, in addition to the regular class.
You are essentially ‘building your own major’.
UH also requires living in McFadden or Lechner as a freshman, and you can’t select room or roommate-they’re assigned.
I recently asked my ‘23 Aggie if any of her friends were still in UH….she said not a single one. I would love to see data on the number of students that start out in UH, and how many actually graduate. The point system stays in place all 4 years, plus more work is added. It’s a huge time commitment,
UH is nothing like UT Plan II (in terms of high regard, reputation, impressive).
I’m sure there are some students that thrive in the program, but I have yet to meet a parent that speaks highly of it. Major/college honors programs are definitely the way to go (I think, like Engineering Honors, Business Honors, etc). Also, major/college programs don’t have to solicit blanket emails to apply to their programs. Last year, at the end of spring semester, pretty much every student with a 3.0 was asked to apply to UH.
Just my opinion, but I’d steer clear of UH…

https://launch.tamu.edu/Honors/About-University-Honors

4 Likes

Still nothing this morning, so I’ve told my son we need to hold off expecting any results until Valentines Day. I was looking through the thread from last year, and I think it will be good for us to assume it’s going to be later than sooner for our sanity :wink: Also as a non-Aggie family we kind of thought “TEAM” was a bad thing, but now understand it would be a great offer! I hope everyone enjoys their holidays :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Our son found out Valentine’s Day of 2019 while in the baseball dugout of a game - happiest thumbs up we have ever experienced. Worth the wait!!!

7 Likes

@Lavalocks19 Blinn TEAM is full admission, only thing they can’t do is play Div1 sports. Not a bad thing, at all! But, it is TOUGH to transfer into Mays, entering as TEAM. Not impossible, but a 4.0 will be needed.
Graduations start today, next 2 weeks are Christmas & New Years. My gut says no more acceptances will be going out until January…but I could easily be wrong (hopefully I am wrong :crossed_fingers:t3:)!

1 Like

Thank you so much! This is very helpful information.

1 Like

Looks like the only wave today was a wave goodbye from the AO until January. DS is in good spirits anyway today after finishing all his final exams. Happy holidays, everyone!

4 Likes

I have a question regarding EA for Engineering. I submitted my application on time, however, I haven’t received my decision yet and if the office is closing today for the holidays what does that mean? As far as I understood correctly I would know by mid-December the status of my decision or I might have misinterpreted the website. Thanks for the help!

Our regional adviser(Northeast) told me earlier this week that the plan was for a wave of decisions prior to the 23rd.

3 Likes

For those engineering applications that wer complete and in review by Oct. 15th… you will hear something this month. It may be a deferral, but you will hear something.

After graduations this weekend, maybe there will be a chance for a small wave next week. I don’t think they close down til Wed or Thursday.

2 Likes

Yeah… that’s the rub! My son wants to major in Business, so we will have to weigh the benefits of forgoing offers at other schools.(honors biz at OU, U of H and Arkansas) I don’t like the high stakes of getting a 4.0 Freshman year. Then again, he’s 17-years old and says he really has no idea what he wants to do!! So there’s that :wink:

4 Likes

Lots of parents that I’ve talked to at our high school said their kids are still waiting for replies from A&M if they were not auto-admit so that seems common and my daughter is in good company. The counselor at our school also mentioned A&M got a record 70k plus applications for the fall freshman class…yikes.