Texas A&M University Class of 2026

I think 70k sounds terribly high, but easily 40k+

We have never had over 43K apply… 2021 was less than 2020. Specifically for Freshman.

2 Likes

I think our local TAMU advisor said the data took out those “assigned” Blinn and Galveston.

If you compare the 2019 numbers in the pic two posts up to this… then you will get an idea of what that means… I can’t find a 2020 or 2021 profile.

Thank you!! S22 researched and also concluded that Engg Honors is better for him. Your anecdote assures me that he made the right call.

3 Likes

Thank you!

For EA Engineering Applicants: As an update I just logged onto my portal and saw this banner (there was no email and it wasn’t there this morning).

5 Likes

Well there ya go. So no wave left this year.

1 Like

Yup, I hope you all have a great break tho and happy holidays!

2 Likes

My son just saw this as well. Do you know if anyone would be rejected now or does everyone who hasn’t been accepted get this deferral message? Looking for a glimmer of hope in this.

Everyone gets this message from engineering if applied by deadline. No rejections will come out til February at the earliest. They release PSA after all else (for the most part). Those that waitlist can hear after the PSA round. Just FYI

1 Like

Our son received an email this afternoon letting him know he was accepted to Engineering Honors. He does want to be in the Engineering Honors LCC in Mosher.

When he completed Phase 1, he checked the box for the Engineering LLC and received an email saying he would have a spot if admitted to Engineering.

Question: After being accepted in Engineering Honors and admitting into Engineering Village LCC, is there anything else he needs to do to make sure he is the Engineering Honors LLC?

Hope that makes sense. We’re new to the process.

Congratulations.

First there is a different logon for engineering honors.
For some reason, you have to click “accept” for the honor offer for it to be in effect. (see below)

You will be able to move on to Phase 3 for Engineering Honor dorm next year around March.

2 Likes

Everyone who is yet to receive an admission decision has been deferred so not a rejection, don’t give up hope! Although it is still technically possible to receive a decision until the 24th I highly doubt it as the message said all engineering applicants have been deferred.

Here is the email they just sent out about 15 minutes ago with further information:

"We hope you’re getting excited about the upcoming holidays. As you take your break we will be taking one too! Texas A&M will be closed for winter break from Friday, December 24 to Monday, January 3. We will not release any admission decisions during this time. Relax, enjoy your break and remember most students in review will receive an admission decision between January 1 and late-March.

Thanks & Gig 'em,
Office of Admissions"

1 Like

DS received his Engineering Honors acceptance this afternoon. Same content as @FriscoDad
Looks like we done did with this kid too! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@FriscoDad She ended up getting her 7 tabs today! Hoping to get the official acceptance in a couple of days.

So thankful they didn’t make us wait a couple more weeks. Over 3 months was bad enough. Lol. Yay!

7 Likes

Congratulations! Most likely they really overlooked it.

Great time to sign up Jan NSC for Spring admission and also see if you can get housing. You will really need NSC to get familiar with the campus.

Oh that’s awesome. Glad it worked out. Now start researching classes and profs!!!

Can you explain the “waitlist” offer please? Who would be a candidate for waitlist? Is it a good option?

Some Engineering for last couple of cycles were offered to choose waitlist/blinn Teab/Galveston and McAllen. Some got to select all and some only had an couple. Some got waitlist or blinn teab or could choose both.

Until it happens and one knows their options, it’s really too early to discuss.

Again this is only for engineering.

I cannot remember if non engineers got the choice of waitlist/blinn team/both option. Maybe someone on here has a better memory.

3 Likes

If offered Blinn business what happen to students who don’t get 3.8 GPA? It is strange there is no mentioning of such situation at all.

Same as TEAB what if student get 3.4? Stuck at Blinn?