Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Yes

It was there 12/14 but we didn’t know until the package arrived. We found out the old-fashioned way which is truly fascinating! Best Christmas present.

3 Likes

Well that’s exciting. Merry Christmas! Looks like Dec. 14th was the last day for Mays to be notified… some got 2nd choice and some got Mays.

Can you please provide your daughter’s stats?

Our son received his admission today. He had not looked for a few days. He looked earlier this morning and saw the major change and tabs and then the official letter popped up. He was admitted to Econ. Mays was his first choice but he is thrilled!

3.6 UW, 3.75 W, 1st quartile - non ranking school, 1370 SAT, OOS. Great Christmas news!

8 Likes

Congrats! Any idea when he last looked? Just curious if was part of the wave that was around Dec. 13/14.
Thanks

Congrats again on Mays! I’ve got a ‘23 Business Honors and Management daughter.
We’d love for you to join our FB page (be sure to answer all the questions). It’ll be a great resource for asking about tutors, professors, Mays orgs to join, study abroad, Mays merch & just anything Mays related.

It was maybe Friday. His official letter is dated today, 12/22.

1 Like

letter dated 12/22/21. Holistic review in-state, 1400 SAT, 1st quartile, History Major. Applied 11/30/21

3 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

32 (33 superscore) 3.74 uw

Yay

1 Like

My son got accepted to Mays TODAY! We looked yesterday there was nothing. Woke up this morning and there were seven tabs and the major still said business. Three hours later it changed to accepted and listed business is the major! I’m amazed and impressed that TAMU admissions takes the time to find candidates like my son. Here are his stats- an interesting case
29 ACT
3.7 w
4.75 uw
2nd quartile highly competitive public school
2 varsity sports- leadership positions and state performance
President of several clubs
Accelerator/Incubator Inc. business classes- leader- highly selective
CEO of Own LLC
Work experience
Internships
Excellent writing skills
We are grateful and amazed.

10 Likes

Edit:
Forgot 100’s of volunteer hours :slight_smile:

@Pamp wow!! Truly, the admissions office DOES review every application. Congrats!
Mays really likes business owners/start-up companies, leadership and community service.
See a few posts above, for link to join Mays Moms/Dads FB page (be sure to answer the questions).
Stop and pay Housing deposit RIGHT NOW!
What a great Christmas gift!

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

Wait you forgot the part where I told you so! lol

Still super pumped about the news.

And it does show that while Mays can show full, it doesn’t mean that everyone’s been offered yet. So that’s something we shall be keeping in mind next cycle.

3 Likes

Thanks so much for your post and reminding people there are so many different paths out there. I earned a BA in History from A&M and later earned an MA in Strategic Studies. While those degrees aren’t normally associated with the “Business World,” they’ve served me well throughout my career, leading small and large technical organizations. My work colleagues are sometimes surprised when they find out about my educational background, but it’s like I tell my kids: 1) your education doesn’t stop after college and 2) your degree doesn’t have to define your career.

6 Likes

So true. Love that!

And to add on… college can be about growing up and being exposed to so many things and opportunities.

1 Like

Yes!! Everyone!! Christi reviewed his statistics a couple months ago and predicted he had a chance to get in!! Christi- you have advised and helped so many! Thank you! Gig Em!

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing this facebook resource! My son got accepted into Mays and it’s so helpful to be able to learn from those of you who have walked this path before us!

2 Likes