Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Question - when a wave of admits happen, is it generally in one major? My son has been waiting for a few months too and his chosen major is Biology.

From the last couple of years, the batch update (wave) could be any major. It was the types that would be the same (admissions, gateway, PSA, Blinn/waitlist options…) within a batch.

Admission can be a few within a day, most of the time updated in early morning.

2 Likes

Tabs will come first thing int he morning… Then official acceptance that day or next. Any major but like @friscodad said… type of admission will be the same.

2 Likes

Could someone quickly explain what it means to get your tabs or get six tabs in Howdy? We can log into Howdy, but we don’t know exactly what we are looking for. Thanks in advance.

There are tabs across the top. You start with 3 and whe it changes to 6, you’re about to get an offer. Search in this thread for the name of the tabs.

NVM I searched for you…

Home/applicant/my record/my finances/student life/my howdy

4 Likes

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Can anyone shed light on what it means when a scholarship award disappears? My son was offered a Maroon Merit Scholarship and it was present yesterday but is not there today. I know it was a “non-stacking award” - does this mean he may be offered something different or should we not get our hopes up? He is very interested in the Corps of Cadets and I know this it the month those scholarships awards are supposed to be announced.

1 Like

@thegirlsandtheboy i can’t guarantee this, but most likely means it’ll be replaced with something else. Have him check Howdy and FinAid portal daily.

That’s what we are hoping - fingers crossed! OOS and he has his heart set on being an Aggie - all 3 of our kids are in college next year so he has to get in-state tuition for this to happen. Maroon Merit didn’t count toward the $4000 needed to get an in-state waiver so we shall see - thanks for the reply!

2 Likes

@thegirlsandtheboy oh wow, fingers crossed for sure!! It’ll definitely appear in the FinAid tab in Howdy first. Keep us posted!

1 Like

My son also has been waiting for Biology, since August. We have heard nothing at all. Did anyone get an offer today?

Biology is the one of the largest majors in TAMU. Two out of three Biology major students are auto-admit.
There are still a lot of non-auto decisions in the coming weeks.

2 Likes

All quiet here. Waiting patiently (or impatiently)

1 Like

Is Mays Business Honors full?

Does anyone know how many Freshman they take into Allied Health? How competitive admission is? Animal Science was second choice. Assigned first quarter, non-ranking school.

There is no defined capacity for honor. All Business honors will get official letters by the end of Feb (mailed physical letter on Feb15)

Although the requirement stated top25% in high school, the average rank of previous few years had been top 4%.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

So as of today, no one is in yet? D received a physical letter back in September just letting her know they have received the application and that they will select 100 students.

@Mha6514 yes, many BH students have received formal invitation packets already. Normally they take 85, but maybe they increased it to 100, due to upping Mays enrollment slightly.
I know someone who received a BH ‘rejection’ letter today, so safe to say most spots are taken.

How many Business regular students for C26?