Texas A&M University Class of 2026

@misterhemmings EVERYTHING is competitive at TAMU :joy::joy::joy: (admission, dorm selection, football ticket pull, class registration, parking, joining clubs & orgs, Fish Camp & Impact registration, getting into SEC basketball games-example last night! on & on…) Not kidding…Always jump on things, submit the day something opens, never wait.

Unlike UT, TAMU have plenty of dorms and off campus living. Your love ones won’t be camping on the streets. There is no worry about dorm. Transfer, Master and PhD applicants will get their decisions much later for Fall 2022. There are always rooms, which may not be the best but I say even the oldest dorms in TAMU are far better than UT dorm of same age. Better not to go detail here as there is another forum for after acceptance.
The next four weeks will have a lot of acceptance and different pathways. Good Luck!

4 Likes

@FriscoDad those that applied for on campus Housing after March 1 this past year were not guaranteed housing. In fact, there was a Housing Wait List and another list (drawing a blank on the name). There are students still in overflow housing currently, because there was such a demand for dorms, so many applicants. Some were flat out denied even getting put on Wait List.
Who knows what this year will be like? But dorms aren’t guaranteed after March 1.
But yes, PLENTY of off campus options…

1 Like

That’s why PSA offered after March because PSA students are not in College Station.
There will be a few waitlists in April but if you get in via waitlist, the joy will overcome being off campus. The bright side is off campus students don’t need to share bathroom. (Not a big deal in regular times but a big plus during pandemic). TAMU students are already blessed with low cost off campus housing which is half of campus housing. Considering UT, off campus in Austin cost 3X more than on campus.

2 Likes

@misterhemmings I agree with @FriscoDad . This was one of our big concerns when we toured UT Austin. We were concerned about the on campus and off campus living environments- safety, condition, cost, and availability. It was the worst out of any of the schools we toured. TAMU has plenty of housing between on and off campus options. Yes, some are better than others, but there are plenty of options and they are priced accordingly and fairly.

5 Likes

Yes, I’m aware of PSA. But there was a huge amount of applicants this past year, many that wanted to live on campus (current freshman class) that didn’t get rooms, or they’re in overflow. They even had to use Corps dorms this year-consolidated Corps floors and using entire Corps dorm floors for general housing. Largest amount ever trying to get on campus housing, definitely not enough dorm rooms for every admitted freshman.
My point, don’t wait to apply, if wanting to live on campus, @misterhemmings. Dorms guaranteed until March 1. Dorm selection, however, is based on time stamp Housing application is paid (hence the urgency to pay Housing asap, upon getting acceptance).

I don’t know why adding all these unnecessary anxieties to those in this forum waiting for acceptance about dorms…

Anyone gets admission today?

9 Likes

No change in my son’s application status today. BIOLOGY first major, HEALTH second major; still says ‘Application Under Review’ with no changes to tabs. Also - still the little red bar with the message to engineering students from before Christmas.

No change according to my son. He called admission yesterday and the person spent time looking at his app and told him his application was very good and passed the final review and would have decisions in a few days (not weeks!). Hopefully that means good news.

9 Likes

@LuviasTexas, I called admissions yesterday and all they said was , applications are under review and decisions will come out between now and March. I guess they handle every call differently based on who picks up the phone.

3 Likes

@PlanoAggies , I agree. How about we take one step at a time. Let the kids get in first and then we can worry about housing. My son has already given up and he thinks I remain optimistic so I can make him feel better.

4 Likes

Part of the anxiety comes from off this forum, parents of TAMU enrolled students keep saying to us “Have you gotten your dorm yet? All the good affordable ones fill up fast!” And that’s a refrain I’ve seen echoed online

1 Like

@misterhemmings White Creek and the most affordable dorms are the last to fill. Students can get ‘bumped up’ if they find a roommate with higher selection time, there’s always the opportunity to switch rooms. And there’s PLENTY of affordable (cheaper than the dorms!) off campus housing-walkable and/or on the bus line.
Definitely didn’t mean to cause stress! Just wanted to give a ‘heads up’ for all things TAMU (and I assume most universities)…never delay. When something opens up, be the first/apply right away. Just a good habit for students to get into, as they will have so many things to sign up for, so easy to forget.
I absolutely believe big waves of admissions & pathways will start coming out by end of this month or early February. (No insider scoop, just a gut feel) :crossed_fingers:t3:

2 Likes

Makes sense. If my son gets in will try to make sure to jump on it quickly if he accepts. He’s been accepted to many other schools with scholarship offers. A&M always was his dream. I think the thing today weighing on us is that we know of others who were accepted even applying late, with lower grades and scores. Just found out today about someone else who applied for same major and got accepted a few days later back in early Dec. Might be demographic? It’s totally confusing to us. I know lots of others know people who quickly got into TAMU as well this year while they have better GPA/ SAT and are confused.

3 Likes

@misterhemmings it is frustrating, for sure. Wish I could wave the magic wand and make a full acceptance appear!

4 Likes

Animal science applicant still waiting here- I just checked my Howdy and AIS and they are both “temporarily unavailable” right now. Maybe things are finally getting in motion! At the very least I’m tired of looking at the engineering deferral banner so hopefully they are taking care of that!

7 Likes

Yes, Howdy is totally down for us… looking at a weird error. ‘NGNX ERROR’. Does this mean someone is actually doing something?

2 Likes

My howdy and ais are down as well!

3 Likes

mine is back up, anyone else?

Yep, mine came back up with no change in status. Not sure if it was maintenance or if they’re getting ready for a possible wave tomorrow. :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes