Texas A&M University Class of 2026

I am praying it is the latter

6 Likes

Me, too! I like the way you think… wave tomorrow would be helpful.

3 Likes

Just curious…Does anyone know if there are certain times of the day (or night!) that acceptances are released? I hate checking all day for movement! Lol

The other night we got a financial aide reward from TxState (backup school) at 1:00 a.m for my youngest daughter and had not received and acceptance notification at all from TXState. Pulled up the account and sure enough there it was. Alabama acceptance for her was sent after 8:00 at night.

Last year my other daughter, current freshman at TAMU, received her admission into MCCombs after 9:00 at night, literally the day after she got tired of waiting to hear from UT and decided to accepted to A&M. Talk about crying! Lol! I don’t even remember when she was accepted to TAMU. They didn’t send an email for acceptance, she just kept logging into to Howdy to check on it. She was an automatic admit so it was kind of uneventful for her. But…A&M was the best decision for her…she’s happy, active on campus and has a 4 year full-ride (Terry Scholar)!

4 Likes

just for some hope. my son applied Aug 8th. No changes until yesterday it showed 2nd choice as 1st & 2nd choice major. This morning it still showed in review but 6 tabs. This afternoon is showed admitted. I’m sure more will find out soon! this forum has been very helpful with all the waiting.

15 Likes

That’s amazing!!! As I said as soon as your first choice shows second… a decision is coming (positive).

As for when decisions come… tabs appear in the morning around 7am. Then official acceptance can come throughout the day.

6 Likes

Would you mind sharing the 1st and 2nd choice majors and your son’s stats? Thank you!

3 Likes

I would also be interested in what his original 1st choice was and what his 1st and 2nd choice show now so we get some idea of what may have filled up?

So happy for your son (and you of course)! Congrats!

2 Likes

Huge congrats

Congratulations to you and your son! I’m curious about what his 1st and 2nd choice majors were?

1 Like

First choice Mays. 2nd Choice Mays.

1 Like

Sorry! First Mays. 2nd AgBus!!

6 Likes

My '23 son was admitted as Ag Business, but was able to transfer to Mays after his freshman year. (In case that is something your son is interested in) It’s not easy, but it is doable.

Congrats again!

2 Likes

Mays/AgBus. It did happen just like someone said in a post. Major changed to 2nd choice yesterday. 6 tabs this morning. Acceptance in the afternoon. Has not gotten an email but the official letter is in the portal. Stats: 3.9/4.7 weighted. DC hours, 100 + community service, 2 good letters of recommendation. He also received an email yesterday from admission before anything about updating his directory info. I’m sure many more are coming now….:crossed_fingers:t3:

6 Likes

@aggie1995 congrats! AgBusiness is a great major, very popular!

Did he submit test scores or go test optional? We are waiting on Econ since Mays is full and my daughter has comparable stats so I’m curious.

Test Optional!

3 Likes

Thanks for additional info! Makes me very hopeful too. Congratulations again!

Where exactly do you see your applied majors choices?

In AIS

Thanks
My son has applied to Compsci as first while Comp Engineering as second choice. All along he is only seeing Computer Science as the major on top of AIS

2 Likes