Texas A&M University Class of 2026

It should be at the bottom of the screen that says “Your App is Complete and in Review”. it has choice 1 and choice 2.

Thank you so much! We had given up checking and just stopped for about 3 or 4 weeks because it was so frustrating seeing that same screen! I’m so hopeful for everyone on here that is still waiting, and know there are a ton of acceptances coming soon. We were expecting to be waiting until March since he applied test optional. I’d say keep checking to see if their major changes (especially if you know its full)!

2 Likes

what was the trick for your son? I know Mays only takes 100 transfers/year. My assumption was they came from other schools or junior colleges. My daughter wants the 5 year accounting program so Mays was first choice and agri-business is second. At this point we will probably go where we know she can study business but she really wanted TAMU

They take 100 internal change of majors. Certain required courses and 30 completed Tamu hours. They look at grade and courses. That’s it. My son changed from Econ to mays after 3 semesters and started 4 semester in mays. They didn’t even make him wait. Applied on January first. Admitted January 2nd and howdy portal/degree plan listed mays as major. It was way faster than we thought.

2 Likes

Anyone see a change in Howdy/ AIS this morning?

:-1:

Maybe they just got to work and are still getting their coffee. We can always hope.

No. But I did notice a change in our financial aid now, it said they received our FAFSA - I’ve had them listed for months but it didn’t say anything on our account. Who know’s at this point?

What was your son’s GPA?

If I’m not mistaken, before your son gets a full admit decision, you’ll see his first choice change to General Engineering.

Anxiously awaiting to hear about our son’s decision as ECON is his 1st choice too.

Stats: Holistic; 1st quartile at a large 6A competitive Texas high school; 1360 SAT; 3.7/4.7 GPA; Varsity sports; DC; 100+ service hours.

He is our 3rd child and TAMU is his #1 choice. Our daughter is a senior at TAMU (2022) - was admitted Dec. 15 into Liberal Arts/Communications. Our older son is a sophomore (2024) and just transferred into AgLeadership this semester. He was initially offered PSA but opted to attend Blinn Bryan to complete his prerequisites, live in CSTAT, and transfer into TAMU.

The wait is difficult and varied but the road to TAMU is well worth it!

4 Likes

Not sure if this will help, but my freshman daughter did not originally get in to Mays because it was “full” and was given political science…not even one of her choices. She also new that her chance of getting into Mays as a transfer was not going to be easy. She was accepted into McCombs at UT.

She emailed Mays and asked for a second review, sent her McCombs acceptance and said that she wanted to study business and if she could not get into Mays she’d have to go somewhere else. We had to pull out every stop! She never heard from Mays, but her major mysteriously changed to Business in Howdy and that is all she need! I have heard there are spaces available. I mean, not everyone that gets accepted in to Mays is going to choose to attend A&M.

I also want to stress that to transfer into Mays you HAVE to watch your hours. My son transferred to A&M from University of Houston Main Campus. He had too many hours to transfer into Mays (couldn’t even apply), despite his great GPA. He ended up with a degree in Economics.

2 Likes

Possibly having 3 at TAMU? That would be wonderful for you! We are at a large 6A Texas ranked school too. No change in portals today for tabs or majors but thinking good thoughts for everyone still waiting.

2 Likes

I’d be surprised if your son didn’t get accepted for full admit. And if you have seen any of my prior posts, you’ll know I don’t say that often, especially if not solicited.

Hang in there.

2 Likes

My son didn’t put a second choice for degree. Does that matter? Should we call and see if we need to add it?

What was your first choice? And why didn’t y’all put second choice?

I would call but not sure it matters.

1 Like

Mine didn’t either as he said he only wants to do engineering.

2 Likes

His first choice was Bio. He obviously was feeling rather independent and took it upon himself to fill out and submit his app without my knowledge, until after the fact. Ugh!!! I had a million questions for him afterwards.

3 Likes

He also is dead set on Bio, but I don’t think he understood there are other pathways if he doesn’t get his first choice. Just wish I could have guided him a bit through the app. I’ve been through this 4 years ago with his sister.

1 Like

Same here!

3 Likes