Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Why do YOU say that “achieving 3.75 is not that easy for TEAB or Galveston” ???

Is this common knowledge or are you basing it on one persons experience? Earlier years posts on this forum actually mentioned that the classes were typically smaller at TEAB and Galveston, and profs were more available, which was a plus for some. As @miaggie1 commented, there are others reading this forum and trying to learn and prepare for future decisions.

1 Like

After ETAM changed from 3.5 to 3.75, yes TEAB is not easy after the change. A goal that’s already tough for full admit College Station engineers who have higher stats on average.
Parents and students need to be informed what they are up against before they turn down other direct major offers, especially if their goals are CS, Aerospace, Mechanical and Biomedical.

Same for Blinn Team pathway for Business. Now 3.8.

As I stated earlier, let @OKcPatho share her experience later.

5 Likes

Congrats. What is his major?

Anyone else just get the email about looking at alternative freshman admission options? Email was from TAMU admissions, basically said they’re still offering full admission but to check out alternate admission programs like Blinn team, Etc. Do we think this is just a general email or if we got it should we be prepared for not getting full admission

5 Likes

I got it too, don’t know about others.

1 Like

Got it too! Funny they asked to monitor admission status! REALLY?!?!

3 Likes

Like we haven’t been doing that already lol. Just wondering if everyone who hasn’t gotten a decision yet got it (meaning it’s probably general) or if there were some that haven’t gotten a decision but didn’t get it (which may mean it’s a “be prepared” email)

My daughter just got the same email!

1 Like

Hard to tell. My son received the same email. Maybe its their way of communicating not to expect any wave tonight :grinning:

1 Like

My son got one too. Was all majors that got it or just some?

1 Like

I got it as well!

I got it as well…hoping it’s just a general email for those who haven’t received decisions🤞🏻

6 Likes

Everyone received that email. I think a pretty negative thing to send to start the weekend, and a rude first communication after so much radio silence.

6 Likes

Accepted to Mays business school honors program

6 Likes

Our entire family’s trying not to let it ruin the weekend.

1 Like

Congratulations! Such great news! Will it be Brown or TAMU?

He received the Brown foundation scholarship for A&M

1 Like

@80sparent huge congrats on Business Honors! Quite an honor! I’ve got a ‘23 BHer…hands down, best program at A&M (I think).

1 Like

Hello All! Pardon my typing CC is impossible to use on a cell.
Just passed by Agronomy office, admissions were still working late there.
Friscodad is right. 3.8 is hard to achieve even for us in College Station. Our advisors already told us in NSC ETAM classes will be made tougher this year. To be honest I think that plan backfired as it created two extremes. A lot of students Q-dropped classes after first test while a group of great students still making As. A supposedly easy CHEM107 had 109 Q-drops. M152 only 23% got As as opposed to 40%. On the other end 700 of us had over 3.9 GPA. Engineering is still trying to figure out how to honor their guarantee now if more than 500 want CS with 4.0. I was told all 159 Aerospace were 4.0 last year.
Grades are lower in McAllen only 16 taking M151 this Fall. Galveston too, only 19% gets A in CHEM107.
There were two Blinn students got in CS last year. It may be easier to get A in Blinn but the course in main campus can be tough.
For Civil and Industrial you can get in with a 3.25.
It may be only my opinion, I think ETAM is a great process for straight A high achieving students with proven AP/IB scores. They tell you ETAM is easy. If you want a particular major an A/Bs students won’t likely make it.
Message me if anyone needs more engineering information.

12 Likes

Informative and impressive! Good luck on your ETAM journey!

2 Likes