Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Agree! They should have just said “we are still working on the process and sorry for the delay”.

After looking at the Blinn Team business option I agreed with @FriscoDad a 3.80 GPA is too risky. 12 hours of B and 48 hours of A is minimum in 4 semesters. I sent an email question asking admission how many Blinn Business gets Mays last year they haven’t replied yet.

7 Likes

My middle son was a TEAB student and made a 4.0 at Blinn and A&M and got his first choice. He currently is a a Senior and has a 3.7 GPA at A&M. He was an A and B student at a 4A high school. He scored 1330 on the SAT. My point is that TEAB does not define how a student will do. The opportunity is the same as the regular admit A&M student. It is up to the student to acclimate and embrace their opportunity. I am actually hoping my youngest gets TEAB during this application cycle.

8 Likes

I read from a professor on Reddit that the reason they increased the ETAM gpa guarantee to 3.75 is because so many engineering students with previous auto admit to major that had a 3.5 filled up the majors. They are making it more difficult to get the auto admit by increasing the GPA to allow for more students to be entered to their preferred major by holistic review. I hope that’s correct.

1 Like

How do you think they will accommodate all of the 3.75+ students who want to use their guaranteed admission in the hot fields of CS, BME, Aero and Mech Eng?

@miaggie1 that’s a great story. I suppose you’re saying the 4A high school wasn’t very rigorous and yet your son turned it on when he got to A&M. He must’ve found a great study group and had a great foundation. He was competing with many suburban kids who already had Calc BC or higher in high school plus strong results in AP classes. Nevertheless, he’s now a senior with a strong GPA in his top choice major.

The fact that only 19% of students got an A in CHEM107 in Galveston makes me wonder how GPA vary between CSTAT, TEAB, Galveston and McAllen.

@Jennibean i have a current ‘23 Mays student (Management, not Acct). Lots of chatter on our Mays page, about students who just got accepted (or not) into the PPA program. It’s a very popular, super competitive program (very few things at A&M aren’t), and requires high gpa (3.9-4.0), A’s in Acct 229 and 327, plus solid resume.
Anyone who plans to major in Accounting or Finance MUST take Acct229 at A&M (it’s one of the ‘weed out’ courses, and a few take at community college. You’re automatically knocked out of majoring in Acct & Finance).
We have a friend who didn’t get into Mays initially, but strategically started out in AgBusiness. She knew what classes needed to be taken, got a 4.0 and was successful in transferring to Mays the start of her sophomore year. It can be done…with planning and a high gpa.

1 Like

Once you are in to Mays as a freshman is PPA the only major that has a secondary selection process. As an example is a Freshman you start out in the general business is there than a secondary selection process into marketing or finance etc.

@Piknight once you are admitted to Mays, you can select your major. There isn’t anything like ETAM. There are competition teams within majors, certificates that can be earned, Aggies On Wall Street program-things like that. But as far as majors, the options are below.
PPA does require application/selection.
only those in Business Honors are allowed to double major
(There is a BS University Studies-Business major offered also, but that is not a BBA thru Mays. All business courses taken for USBU are business minor classes)

@tristatecoog I think it really says there is more than the stats that predict success. It is funny that you mention study groups because he is introverted and doesn’t like using study groups. He studies a lot, doesn’t have a job during the school year, but still does some clubs. Basically he is serious about school. None of the classes have been outside his ability to comprehend (he hasn’t struggled with one class). My message for parents and kids that get TEAB or feel that they barely made it in, you can succeed at A&M. You have to be serious about your studies, but anyone that gets in whether it is full admit or a pathway can succeed if they want to.

5 Likes

Ppa is a 5 year program that You apply for as a Junior. There is no need to go into this on this thread where people are still waiting on freshman admission.

8 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

@miaggie1 wise words. We know plenty of students who have succeeded, entering thru Galveston, Gateway, TEAM and TEAB. We also know a good number of students who entered with full admission (various degrees, mainly Engineering and wanting Nursing School), who were not successful at all-dropped out, changed majors or transferred schools.
The resources for support & success are there, it is up to the student to put forth the effort and do the work…or not.

1 Like

I have a current student that was admitted via TEAB and received his first choice during ETAM. It’s a great admission option and I would be thrilled if my child waiting to hear back gets this opportunity.

4 Likes

What is TEAB? I am familiar with Gateway and Blinn Team and PSA.

I think it stands for Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn. It is basically TEAM for engineering students. They take some classes on main campus and others at Rellis the first year.

2 Likes

ahh - got it. Thank you. Another question; does anyone know if for BIOLOGY or HEALTH they offer Blinn Team or GATEWAY options? I wasn’t sure.

1 Like

I definitely saw Biology on that list because that is my sons 1st choice. If we are offered TEAM we would take it in a heartbeat!

1 Like

Go check out the other pathways, gateway and team to see what programs are involved. Google Tamu pathways. I suggest doing it from computer vs phone. So hard to read through it all and gets overwhelming. .

3 Likes

@misterhemmings you can find all that information via Google & TAMU website.

1 Like

@ChristiR93 @52AG82 I am trying so hard to stay upbeat and keep positive, but trying to understand what it will look like on Howdy if my son isn’t accepted…
Will the AIS just say complete? The part about under review, will it go away?

So the tell on getting psa or denial… your change of major button will disappear.

Hang in there. Plenty of good decisions still to come.

4 Likes