Texas A&M University Class of 2026

I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this thread. It’s been very helpful to know we’re not the only ones out there wondering what’s coming next.

What a roller coaster ride it’s been. Daughter received the email mentioned above and doesn’t know what to make of it. She said she preferred the radio silence and has more questions now than before.

She had called admissions a couple days ago and spoke to a counselor, but didn’t learn anything about the stage of review her application is in, only that “everything looks good and is in order”.

First choice is English.
Second choice is History.
Ranked 1st Quarter
3.83 unweighted GPA
Honors courses✔
AP courses :heavy_check_mark:
extra curriculars✔
service hours :heavy_check_mark:

She’s been accepted and offered scholarships and honors programs for creative writing at her other choices- Pepperdine, University of Iowa, Abilene Christian, University of Maine and Ole Miss. She loves A&M, and was really excited about what the English department has to offer after meeting with the director of undergraduate studies and sitting in on a couple of classes.
She has solid choices in front of her and she’s proud of that, but she’s an Aggie at heart and like so many others this ‘no man’s land’ has her a little down.

Headed out to have some fun and hopefully provide a distraction from it all!

7 Likes

I did the same thing and only put one major. I was on a separate discussion board and discovered that you can add a second major without messing with your first choice. Login to howdy and go to manage applications. Click change my major and only edit your second choice major. It should update in AIS within a few days

1 Like

Hi, I applied in late November, and I’m in-state. I applied using the Coalition App, and when I selected my major the dropdown options weren’t very clear for 1st & 2nd major, so I believe I just requested Business as my 1st choice. However, i definitely want to do Supply Chain Management, and would also be open to Management if SCM wasn’t available. On my AIS portal, it just says 1st choice - business administration though. I haven’t received a decision yet, but yesterday’s scary (kinda rejection) email was a bit of a shock for me since I thought I am very qualified for admission. Should I contact the admissions team about specifying which business major I would like and a second choice? Thanks!

1 Like

I’m not sure you can selected within the business major on a freshman app. It may have changed since my son went through it.

Anyone have an answer to this? Did y’all apply mays or specific major within it?

@ChristiR93 @ahsuli Mays majors apply as BUAD. Majors aren’t declared until sophomore or junior year, when they’ve completed the core curriculum and have upper level hours.

Oh, I see. I suppose my situation is unique then because I will graduate high school with about 100 college credits & an associate in business degree from a dual enrollment program in WA state. Since I don’t go to hs in Texas, I guess the admissions team might not know how to classify me, so I’ll probably call them on Monday about entering with junior status. Thanks for the help!

Okay thank you. It hasn’t changed then. :grimacing: I guess that’s good lol.

1 Like

Oooh yeah you should definitely call because they cap entry with a max number of hours. 100 is crazy and may not help you in this situation. Just want to prep you before you call. They max out hours for both internal change of majors and external transfers as well. You would not be able to transfer as a college student into Mays. I’ll double check that though and get back to you. And yes I know you’ll be a freshman, but again, just to prepare you.

Great news… only for internal change of major is there a cap of 60 credits. It doesn’t specify for external transfer. So maybe plead your case that way. Good luck and keep us posted

Now that the admission sent out that harsh “alternative admissions” email. I follow through checking out those options.
Does anyone know with actual data that what is the percentage (or better) how many students) of last two cycles Blinn Team Business successfully get to Mays?

I know requirement is 3.80 GPA for both TAMU and Blinn, but Blinn’s web site only stated 45.90% going to “Texas A&M University, Sam Houston State University, Texas State University, the University of Houston, and Texas Tech University” That 45.90% includes many other easier Blinn Team pathways that require only 2.5 GPA. Personally, and it may be only my opinion, I think that figure is pathetic. Anyone know can share the data?

@ahsuli you said you’re in state, then said you don’t go to high school in Texas. I’m confused.
You definitely need to contact Admissions.
Why did you wait to apply so late? 100 hours may cause real problems for you, even if they consider you a transfer.

Maybe @FriscoDad can find out the Blinn TEAM-Mays track stats…he’s a whiz at tables/graphs/stats.
I would think it would listed on TAMU site (if it’s listed) and not on a Blinn page.

She’s Washington state.

Yes, I’ll contact asap. I didn’t realize applying early was beneficial until now. Divorced parents, mother in WA, father in TX, I qualify as a resident in both states. Hmm, oh well if it doesn’t work out it’s ok.

2 Likes

@ahsuli gotcha. Contact Admissions asap and keep us posted!

1 Like

That’s how I got here in 93. Dad resident in tx and I was in Cali.

Edited: I graduated in 93. Lol I wish i was 4 years younger

3 Likes

Is there anyone here that has any insight with regard to College of Liberal Arts and how quickly it fills up?

2 Likes

I messaged you the rough data, actual cannot be public. There are good and bad news.
Bad news is the data. And you cannot count on the history. Way back in 2012 one got in with 3.25. Later was 3.5, a year dipped back to 3.25 but immediately jumped to 3.80 after.
Good new is, current class will apply full admission on 2024, if everything goes well, the new Mays building complex(as fancy as Zach) will be ready on time for Mays expansion. Covering more Blinn Team is top priority (because students have proven TAMU grades), then expanding freshmen full admission.
So between now and 2024, Blinn students should take care of their Blinn side GPA. The list in the message earlier show a list of options TAMU has not “outlawed” yet but that’s how Blinn students commonly use. The deciding factors will be 15 hours of TAMU classes.

7 Likes

Wow! Thanks for all the great information, down to the class! Didn’t even know Blinn also has its tricks. I agree campus experience is attractive to kids but at the end of the day it is all about career and getting to the right major outweighs everything. I will let my son review and decide should Blinn comes his way.

1 Like

any chance we could get this Data as well? daughter wants the 5 year accounting program but trying to decide between TAMU (first choice) or Baylor or OU where business school is guaranteed. Love the thought that by the time they transfer the school will be bigger so maybe less pressure to be PERFECT with grades.

1 Like