Texas A&M University Class of 2026

If Mays still shows as first choice, I assume its not going to be good news?

Don’t assume anything!!!

1 Like

Good advise. Glad we have you her to be the “voice of reason”

1 Like

Agree! We own a townhome at The Barracks and always stress over making sure it is occupied. Love having our senior Aggie and her roommates there the past 2 years. CSTAT is overbuilt with housing so off campus is currently NOT a problem.

2 Likes

Did anyone else receive an email from TAMU today with Subject: Application Acknowledgment? It gives his UIN and talks about setting up his NetID. We applied 8/1/2021 and set up his NetID about 2 weeks later. Can’t understand why we would get this again? So confusing…

I wonder if that was a glitch email? The last time we saw the “Application Acknowledgement” email from TAMU was back in mid-August after ApplyTexas finally got the app to TAMU after a technical issue they had. You should probably call Admissions on Monday to check and be sure all is good, which I’m sure it is if the green checks have been showing in AIS?

1 Like

Breaking news came as a shock, students here praying for chances of setting their foot in TAMU while someone in Mays Graduate School threw away everything like this

1 Like

Sad! Two degrees at TAMU and currently at Mays MBA program.

That’s so sad to hear especially having had an amazing future set out for them previously

I didn’t!

1 Like

@LuviasTexas this is terrible to read. However, it happens in Bryan/College Station fairly often, like all other college towns & large cities. Crime, drugs & violence are-sadly-everywhere.

1 Like

This could very much be a glitch and considering how this year is going it most likely is so please don’t get your hopes up too much of what I am about to say…. But I just checked last years forum and many people said they got that email right before a wave of Gateway admissions came out. Again please don’t get your hopes up but I am truly hoping I am right so check your portal in the next couple days. Good Luck!

4 Likes

Who knows? Last year Gateway was all released on a Sunday.

3 Likes

Do they offer Gateway for engineering majors?

What am I missing… I didn’t see where they said they were in college. Mind you I’ve been dealing with Covid and only on my first cup of coffee lol but I missed it.

I was thinking the same thing lol…read the article three times and didn’t see a mention of their college status or degrees :woman_shrugging:t2:

My senior took Nutrition Science class last year, Rece was the TA. His Linked in profile is still active.

1 Like

I guess not, or may be rarely for those with non engineering second choice. Engineering has ETAM year to test students and taking six hours in summer doesn’t seem to work.

I looked up both using Aggie Directory; Rece is a Mays grad student, the female is not a current Aggie. It didn’t mention them being Aggies in the article.

Oh thank goodness I’m not losing my mind. You guys are super sleuths lol.