Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Thanks for the explanation.

1 Like

TAMU is NOT direct admit. She will continue to have to compete for her major in general engineering. So if you can afford it, I’d go CU, if she got her major. (Incidentally, I’m aerospace also and have also been accepted at CU)

2 Likes

Woke up to the sweet look of 6 tabs this morning for our daughter! She got into TEAM Blinn for her major (Kinesiology - Dance Science - which she auditioned for back in November) - she/we is/are THRILLED! We live in Fairfax, VA (military but we are Texas residents) and besides them literally shutting down the schools here FOREVER during COVID (took over a year to go back to school in person which hurt a lot of kids), they do not rank at the high schools here so A&M assigned her 2nd quarter which she just knew was a death sentence. Her stats are not groundbreaking but she had tons of volunteer hours and ECs. She is a pre-professional ballerina (has danced with the Bolshoi and Washington Ballet) and never dreamed she could combine her dream of going to A&M and dancing into one! Keep hope alive people - answers are coming!!!

25 Likes

Congratulations! Anyone else hear back?

Crickets… Haven’t heard a peep! Still says Mays first choice, Econ second…

Glad some TEAM offers are starting to roll out though., that is exciting :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s amazing! Congrats! Hoping others start seeing those tabs today and report in!

So she’ll take her dance courses at TAMU? What an amazing program!

1 Like

For internship, graduate, professional school application, and private HR hiring, they look at graduation recognition first (summa/magna cum Laude, UT highest/higher/honor), if none, then ask the universities for cumulative CGPA report. TAMU has the data public. Companies long ago don’t just look at the numerical figure in GPA for hiring background check.

Even SAT had scores inflation since the 90s. Back then vocab sections was a lot harder and students rarely scored beyond 1500.

1 Like

Congratulations! Is your AIS showing your daughter applied as OOS or In-state? The acceptance pool normally depends on the location of high school attended, which can be different from the tuition status.

1 Like

That makes me feel better because my boys are blowing away my SAT scores from the 80s. And of course they can’t be smarter than their dad! Lol.

2 Likes

@Raising4Cains congrats to your girl! We have several friends that are Dance Science majors, they LOVE it! One tidbit-if your girl isn’t strong in Math & Science, definitely have her take those as her Blinn classes; the science especially can be tough at A&M (for non STEM-type students).

1 Like

DS TAMU Aerospace (yes general eng first year). How does CU Boulder compare for those in the know?
He is excited about following his sis in TAMU tho.

1 Like

DS texted and got 6 or 7 dropdowns/tabs today! Not telling me which major he gets he is still in class…Third kid to TAMU, each studying different college.

9 Likes

Congratulations! Do you know your son’s first and second choices? How about the other son/daughter?

1 Like

Son’s first choice is Mays MIS, second is Education Tech Management. He actually prefers his second choice after he find out it includes a free internship.
Daughter is sophomore in comp science, oldest graduated last year BS neuroscience now attending UT for MS.

4 Likes

Sorry for the silly question-what does 6-7 drop downs mean?

Howdy on cell phone is drop down vs tabs on desktop version.

4 Likes

Agree for some programs this is true. However sadly for medical school this is not. Many schools have filters where they enter the GPA and MCAT score. If it falls below the cutoff, your application doesn’t proceed. Schools just have way too many highly qualified applicants.
This is from the latest round of acceptances to Texas MD and DO schools - big drop-off from 4.0 to 3.75.
GPA

2 Likes

Thank you. Are these tabs for additional info, once accepted? Sorry-this is our first…so learning as we go. Definitely not like when we went. :+1:t2:

Nope. In Howdy- 3 tabs. And still says under review, with her first choice major still there in AIS. :weary:

Still 3 here, first major still there. History.

1 Like