Texas A&M University Class of 2026

I got my BA in History at TAMU. Good luck!

3 Likes

also still 3…first choice major still there as well. OOS, Allied health

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! So excited there is some movement in admissions!!!

3 Likes

@Courtney_Livingston , 7 tabs in Howdy are a precursor to an official acceptance.

Click here to see a screenshot posted earlier in this thread.

3 Likes

Got it. Thank you so much!

1 Like

Did any Biology majors hear today? Or Engineering?

1 Like

Good morning ashill77–have you heard anything yet? I was wondering what other schools your son is considering for construction science/management and what you think about those programs in case we need to pivot and start considering other schools.

Congratulations! Did your son get full admission?

Yes, he just texted me, he got second choice full admission. Three of his friends also got this morning all full admissions. Many still waiting though.
Largest HS in Texas (Allen).

10 Likes

We’re still waiting :)First choice, Applied Mathematics, Second Choice, Mathematics. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

So happy for you! I am trying to stay cool not hounding my kid in class cause he is applying the same majors as yours and I have no access to his Howdy.

2 Likes

So the admissions counselor you spoke to last week was telling the truth…that you would hear within days, not weeks :slight_smile: Do you mind posting your son’s stats?

My son has 1st choice as Biology major and still 3 tabs. Under Manage Applications the change major button is still there so I understand from @ChristiR93 that we are still in the running.

It’s truly killing me with the wait like many others. He is in the 1st quarter. His rank is 16%. His GPA is good. Has APs and Dual Credit hours. He only took the ACT and that score wasn’t great but hoped everything didn’t hinge on it. Sigh…

3 Likes

His counselor sent the grade ranking report that ranks him 16% so AIS shows 1st quarter. He took SAT one time very early at 10th grade when pandemic was not getting much attention and got a 1380 split evenly in math and reading. 14APs and AP scholars with Distinction.

Does anyone know of any Biology review admits who have heard back yet? It seems like this major is just coming later in the review cycle than a lot of the others, but maybe it’s just the people we know. My daughter has been waiting since August and watching her friends get accepted into other majors with lower stats, it’s really discouraging.
Her stats: Rank 19% (118/619), ACT 30, GPA 4.9 weighted 3.61 UW, 10 AP classes, NEHS, Interact, won the college board’s AP Scholar award, Varsity cheerleader (four years), won awards in her sport including Cheerleader of the Year, part time job for two years, lots of volunteer work with our church, etc… She’s starting to wonder if she should just put down the housing deposit at her second choice school and move on, but I keep telling her to hang in there, it really seems like her major just hasn’t been reviewed much yet.

3 Likes

That’s very impressive taking SAT before PSAT! My guess your son may be NMSF there is scholarship for being NMSF in TAMU.

Any thoughts on Electrical?

1 Like

Tgieske, are you an incoming freshman to Engineering? Any chance you’re also from Texas? Is Boulder your first choice? What are your thoughts on Tamu vs Boulder for aerospace?( I agree ETAM vs direct admit is a huge difference )

I’m a Texan…incoming Freshman. I think they have comparable programs EXCEPT that CU gives you your major and at TAMU it’s not guaranteed. And Colorado has a TON of aerospace companies located there. It’s OOS for me but CU gave me $55,000 to off-set the price. TAMU hasn’t offered me money or honors or anything to “sweeten the deal”. I have other offers in the bag and I’m waiting on more, so I’m not committing yet. But I’d take CU over TAMU in a heartbeat.

2 Likes

I agree, the choice is straight forward. TAMU ETAM you have to aim for 4.0. If you excel in AP Calculus/Chemistry/Physics then it will be quite easy. There were students not making ETAM first choice trying to transfer to CU most would lose a semester as many courses in CU only taught once a year.
For Aerospace, most students finish MS degrees. CU and TAMU rank the same.
If you are flexible with other Engineering Majors then TAMU is first choice.

3 Likes