Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Congratulations to all with exciting news today!
Daughter is still waiting.
1st choice English
2nd choice History

Same situation with my son. BIOLOGY first choice, second choice HEALTH, top 25 percent, no SAT/ ACT (test optional)… good GPA, some AP stuff. And nothing today, no changes to AIS or Howdy. But ‘Change Major’ button still there.

2 Likes

We are in the exact same boat. My son is GPA 3.7 and BIOLOGY is his first choice. Test Optional. Applied in August, has heard nothing yet all his friends from his private school in other majors have been accepted with lesser grades. I was thinking BIOLOGY is being slow

2 Likes

Hey @heather_ptasznik, I sent you a DM.

And now I feel left out. lolol

@ChristiR93 , please tell us tomorrow is the DAY :slight_smile: !! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I called Admissions and spoke to a nice guy there. He said ‘we will be sending decisions around the first week of February, maybe a little after.’ Exact quote.

6 Likes

@misterhemmings , thank you for the update. I think it will start coming slowly but surely :slight_smile: February is next week we’re almost there.

3 Likes

Yes. I take that to mean next week will be a bigger wave.

1 Like

Is it good/bad/indifferent when you still have a “change major” button? My daughter only listed one major. Sorry if this is a common question.

Someone here earlier said that if you still have the ‘CHANGE MAJOR’ box, it means you are still in the running and if it goes away it means something negative. I can’t verify that - someone else here might know more.

1 Like

Moving post.

Wait does that mean no one else will here anytime until Feb 1? I know that is only next week but I was hoping there might be a couple more small waves this week too.

I’m sure there will be people hearing before then - since some decisions came today apparently. I think he meant the bulk

2 Likes

When the change of major button goes missing, then PSA usually follows. This happens after most offers are made (late Feb typically). Right now it truly means nothing. They don’t take away the button then give decision a month later (if that makes sense). It’s the same with your major choice changes (2nd to 1st). That means the decision is made and is coming within days.

4 Likes

It depends on your major. I can’t speak for any other major but the lady I spoke to last week said that all early action engineering applicants should hear back at some point this week and there would be a wave this week. Keep your head up though I’m sure decisions will come soon! :slight_smile:

@tgieske is that $55K for each year (total value $220,000) or $55K over all 4 years ($13,750 per year)

Boo! I wanted something this week! Just kidding but not really! Lol

Our daughter has not heard anything. Her majors are still the same and the change major button is still there. Mays is her first choice and Ag. Business is second. I have a daughter that is a sophomore in Mays Accounting right now.
It is not for lack of her dad and I checking Howdy every five seconds.

7 Likes

Right there with you