Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Any change today?

My son had chosen 1st choice Business, 2nd choice Political Science.

This is bringing up PTSD from last year for me lol. My son was 1Q (15% of his class) at a competitive 6A school in state. In the prior years, he would have qualified as an academic admit. He applied test optional because of Covid (8 cancelled tests between SAT & ACT) Great EC’s (marching band 4 years he was section leader), lots of community service and relevant shadowing/summer internships…he applied for Mays/Econ. We were so certain he’d at least get Blinn Team…nope. Feb 20th he got the PSA offer. We were stunned. It was a huge let down and such a long wait from the time he submitted his app in September to end of February.

It all works out in the end though…he’s now thriving at Texas Tech’s Rawls College of Business (he got good merit aid there as well) made the Deans List last semester!

I’m now gearing up for the TAMU roller coaster with my 11th grade twins lol. They are both top 10% so it won’t be hard to get in…but one of them is going the Comp Sci/Engineering route so the added review + ETAM process makes me a bit apprehensive.

Best of Luck everyone…no matter where your kids land, they will do great!

8 Likes

I recall reading that some majors have a Pathway agreement with Blinn which provides a guaranteed transfer into the major if the GPA and course requirements are fulfilled. If the desired major does not have a Pathway Agreement, then there is no guarantee to get that major.

1 Like

Did your son get the offer first to pick Waitlist/Blinn Team, Blinn, Waitlist? Or just the Psa offer on Feb 20?

Yikes. No change for my daughter today. Should I be worried at this point? Do we think there aren’t any full offers left and only Blinn maybe Gateway or otherwise PSA?

Son received same options this morning in AIS and none of it sounded like a guarantee. CONSIDERATION FOR WAITLIST ONLY; CONSIDERATION FOR TEAM ONLY; CONSIDERATION FOR WAITLIST AND TEAM:

MAJORS: 1st ECON; 2nd International Studies

During the summer, he had an online informational session with the College of Liberal Arts and was told ECON has never filled. Looks like there is a first for everything!

He is top 25% at a very competitive 6A public school; 1360 SAT; GPA is 3.7 UW/4.6 W; Varsity sports; DC; NHS; 100+ service hours.

TAMU has ALWAYS been his 1st choice . . . been offered numerous scholarships and honors college to Baylor, OU, U of H, University of Dallas, Auburn. Waiting to hear back from SMU and Vanderbilt.

So thankful for this forum and advice.

1 Like

My son applied 2020 and he was 1st quarter, 1340 SAT lots of volunteer hours, played baseball and basketball. He got the Buttons first to pick Waitlist/Blinn team the option we picked and on Feb 20 ish he was given Blinn Team. The same thing happened for my S22 today. Hope we get full admit or TEAM. I am worried people saying might get neither?!?! Has that happened?

It seems like the obvious choice is to pick both BLINN TEAM or WAITLIST.

5 Likes

Nope…he was never even offered those choices. We heard ZERO from TAMU in those 5-6 months. Whenever he or I called to check status or get info, we’d be told the same generic response.

One day in late Feb the “change major” button disappeared and the next day the PSA decision posted on his AIS.

I truly believe going test optional was his downfall. He had one score that he miraculously was able to take from a test we were able to make but it wasn’t particularly strong and didn’t match up to
his grades and GPA/Class rank so we chose to go TO. I think if we had submitted it he might have gotten Blinn Team but that’s pure speculation at this point.

1 Like

I think everyone who did TEST OPTIONAL is in a similar boat this year. I am sure that with my younger son we won’t do TEST OPTIONAL. That has been our downfall.

2 Likes

What “filled” was the university. ECON cant tell admissions they want X number of Freshman. For example, Poultry science always wishes they could get more freshman, but admissions has control over who gets into the university

5 Likes

Thank you for the reply. That’s great he is doing awesome at Tech. We loved Tech on our tour. That is one of the options for my S22. He is accepted. We are just waiting to find out from TAMU. To make a decision!! It is so stressful doing this all over again.

2 Likes

Yes! It’s all at TAMU! Thankful for this thread and all the info/advice people share - it has been a God-send!

6 Likes

Wondering the same….in the same boat. Nothing updated today.

1 Like

Did anyone get a Blinn Team offer for business today?

My dd who got the message had first choice major of Kinesiology.

Mine got same option notification on AIS. 1st choice Agribusiness and 2nd choice Ag Leadership & Development. She selected Waitlist and Blinn TEAM in hopes that Mays students who got their 2nd choice for Agribusiness will select another school. She is devastated, but I’m holding out hope.

1 Like

So no engineering movement this morning?

No movement yet today in either AIS or Howdy for my son. Hummm, I’m not sure what to think. :thinking: