Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Applied to both very late November, I wish I had known to get my TAMU application in sooner. I’m excited about McCombs tho! Good luck to everyone on here though, I’m wishing the best for you & your families :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you ! My DS’s first choice is Applied Math and Second is Math and I haven’t heard/read anyone receiving anything from Math Department today. Still hopeful but also discouraged :frowning:

2 Likes

If you want to go to Mays, ask for a second review and send your acceptance letter from UT/McCombs. My daughter did not get into Mays last year, and got into McCombs. She really wanted to go to A&M because socially it was a better fit for her. She was accepted into Mays after they saw the McCombs acceptance. We were told (kind under the table) that acceptance to McCombs was automatic acceptance to Mays. I mean…they’d be crazy not to give acceptance to someone that got into one to the very top business schools in the country.

4 Likes

Honestly I can’t guarantee that if you had applied earlier you would have gotten a different decision so don’t beat yourself up over that. Many people who applied in August got the same thing as you.

1 Like

Correct. But note that every year the requirement may change a little.
Students do not have to retake classes at Blinn. Some students still retake (especially classes at TAMU) to boost GPA though.

1 Like

We saw it happen last year but I wouldn’t bet on it. I’d take Team and run. Such a a great offer.

3 Likes

Hi. Need thoughts or advice. My son also got the waitlist/blinn team email today. His first choice major is Mays, second is AgEcon. AIS still says MAYS (BUAD). So if he chooses waitlist, is there really a chance for him to get into Mays? Why didn’t they change his major to Ag since it is less competitive and they have more spots? Would they give him full admittance into either major or just Mays? Not sure how to help him make a choice. Perhaps he should choose waitlist AND Blinn? Is there some pitfall I’m missing if he chooses both?

Both choices have Blinn Pathways.

Choosing waitlist will likely require waiting for another month or two for decisions.

1 Like

How many credits is too many to be considered for TEAM? My son will have 24 dual credit hours upon graduating from HS.

Thank you!

My friend got an alert on her AIS that both of her chosen majors were full and they asked her to pick a new one…any idea if this means something one way or another?

My daughter was offered the TEAM, Waitlist, or Combo this morning. I’m wondering if anyone can help us with a few questions:

With TEAM, it looks like 45 of her credits on her transcript would appear as Blinn classes/transfers and not TAMU. She plans to apply to dental school after her bachelors, wouldn’t that put her post-grad application at a disadvantage to someone who had 100% of their credits from TAMU or other 4 year University? Would the grades calculate into her GPA the same way? She has admissions and scholarship offers at some other great schools, so if this is the case, it would be a mistake to take TEAM over those options. But maybe it won’t matter… just wondering if anyone knows

Are there any other differences or disadvantages to being on TEAM compared to regular admission? Do they still mail out the admissions packet, and banner and everything? I’m just not sure what to think of this option or how much of a difference it really makes compared to full admission.

His 2nd choice is/was College of Architecture University Studies, which he has come to learn is really, really small, so in hindsight might not have been the best backup. He was just going based on what interested him. Thank you for your input on construction science. It is very helpful, and I will relay this all to him.

1 Like

Blinn has a separate set of GPA.

For dental school, DAT test score is usually most important, followed by GPA and pre-dental practices.

Pre-dental has a set of preferring time line, messaged you separately.

3 Likes

Eeek! My son got the choices this morning, and he finally got home from school so he could hit the button :slight_smile:

He has Mays first choice, and Econ as second choice. After a lot of consideration and information from this board, he went with the TEAM only choice. We are thinking this path might be the best way for him to reach his goal of Mays. I was under the impression that this could be accomplished if he studies hard and picks the right classes.Plus, I don’t think anyone in our family can take another month of waiting either!

If he gets TEAM, will he be TEAM Business? We are still a little confused how that works. Plus we still have a big decision to make as he has been offered Honors Business at OU. Does anyone have any information on that?

My son was top 25% at 6A school in Houston, NHS, 30 on ACT, 6 AP classes, Captain of tennis team, Theater thespian, plus community service and life guard.

SO excited for everyone!!! And good luck to all who haven’t heard… it’s been brutal!

12 Likes

@Lavalocks19 it doesn’t appear there is a TEAM pathway for Econ, only Mays.
Gosh, OU Business School would be hard to pass up, especially Honors?
A Mays TEAM offer means he’ll need all required classes + 3.9-4.0 overall gpa. There’s no wiggle room, but it can be done, to transfer into Mays.
https://tap.tamu.edu/Programs/TEAM

2 Likes

Thanks! Yes, we REALLY need to have a full understanding of how this would compare to a sure thing of honors business at OU. I know he could probably pull off the 3.8, but do I want him to HAVE to? And what do kids do when they don’t?
He’s honestly still trying to figure it all out. It’s not like he knows what he wants to be when he grows up~ and I can’t blame him!

3 Likes

@Lavalocks19 i don’t know anything about OU Honors programs. Assume they have a specific gpa that must be met (3.25, 3.5?) to stay in the program? What exactly does being in their Honors program do/provide? I’d find that out.
If he does get offered Mays TEAM, and isn’t successful for some reason to apply for transfer, he would go into General Studies…I think? Then find another major.
@ChristiR93 can answer this.

1 Like

All of this has me so worried now. My Senior is top 14%, at least 9 APs, AP Scholar Awards, tennis all 4 yrs and orchestra. Weighted GPA 5.1 and non is 3.67. SAT wasn’t that great but included anyway. 1st choice is Wildlife Fisheries and 2nd is Zoology. I haven’t heard much from College of Ag applicants so not sure what her chance is now. I graduated in '96 with Animal Science and my husband is '95 in Accounting. She only applied to A&M since it’s all she’s grown up with. We’re at FB games every year and she was 4 wks old for her first visit there.

1 Like

You can call Admission directly and ask straightly if Wildlife is full yet.
Someone called and full admission still available in different majors in Science and Liberal Arts. Engineering and TEAB also have spots as well.

6 Likes

@alpal2022 what were the two majors which are full ; and did TAMU admissions list alternative majors from which your friend may choose ?