Texas A&M University Class of 2026

My daughter received the email last Friday encouraging her to look into Blinn Team, Gateway, etc… However, she did not receive an email in the last couple of days asking if she wanted Blinn Team, waitlist, or both. What should we be thinking at this time? She applied Allied Health. She is 1st quarter, holistic review.

Yes. Sounds like full admit.

The email from last Friday was just information.

The choice of Blinn/waitlist is in AIS portal, most won’t receive any email. Student has to login to AIS to find out.

@DejavuBarbie neither of those majors are offered a pathway via Blinn TEAM.
Has your daughter attended Aggieland Saturday? Taken official A&M campus tour? Met with local A&M recruiter? Admissions does keep track of that, and it can help.
I would definitely have your daughter contact Admissions and ask about her application status, inquire if those 2 majors have filled.

1 Like

That is not too many. 40 plus would be hard for blinn team since you’d have trouble finding courses at Blinn after a semester or 2.

1 Like

Do you think there are more TEAM offers to come or are they usually all offered on the same day?
I know you had said Gateway hadn’t gone out yet & possibly a few full admission left…just wanted your take

1 Like

I think flat out team and gateway offers are still coming. Gateway for sure since we haven’t seen any. Team offers may also be coming out without an option to choose… it’s just “this is your offer”.

I would be shocked if there aren’t some full admits still out there since we haven’t seen much. I’m thinking there may have been one I can actually recall.

8 Likes

Thank you. I was thinking it was a good amount. Basically, the first year of core classes, English, Math, History, Govt, Econ. Still plenty he can take at Blinn. Unfortunately, he is just out of top 25% (26%) decent GPA, 3 years Varsity Tennis, Multiple Choirs. His first choice major is Sport Management, second choice Communications. We were actually hoping for Blinn Team because we thought it would be a good way to ease into the A&M college experience. Haven’t heard anything yet, so no news is good news. We have a backup plan. All we can do it wait.

1 Like

I wonder about this all the time…I have friends that couldn’t get into engineering and are hoping for one of the alternative routes. But do they realize they still have to compete to get their specific engineering major? So if they couldn’t even get directly into TAMU engineering in the first place, how do they think they’re going to be at the top of the class to secure their first choice engineering major? They still have to compete against all of the 1500+, 4.0, “top of their class” folks. Something to think about, people. I personally would go for the sure thing elsewhere. What will they do if they don’t get their major?!! This is real life and not just a fun experience on a campus with a decent football team. Just my two cents. I’m personally advising my own cousin in the same way. I want to see him succeed.

7 Likes

I totally get this. I’m pretty risk averse too.

Remember tho… about 90% get 1st or 2nd choice. And you’re competing in class but it’s not limited If you hit required GPA. It’s not top 1000 get their choice… it’s a gpa goal. So to me…it’s not real life in that sense. You’re competing against yourself to do your best. In real life you have to be better than the next person.

7 Likes

Well my son was one of those students that shouldn’t be able to compete because he couldn’t get a full admit. He just got TEAB, was not in a rigorous 6A high school, wasn’t close to the top 10%, and didn’t have impressive SAT scores. Good thing he wasn’t told he couldn’t succeed. He is a senior in Comp Sci with a 3.7.

30 Likes

My daughter just looked in her AIS portal and has the orange banner stating (…and I quote) ‘Most students should have an admissions decision by Mid-March’… is there anywhere that it’s stated that A&M informs by and absolute date. This statement seems vague and ‘should’ have a decision is disconcerting. Any feedback, on interpretation, is appreciated.

We know of a present TEAM Blinn student, that did not receive that offer until March 13th, last year… However, we’ve decided there is no comparing anything to what went on last year, because Covid was so intense and it was all very unique… best of luck (agree on the ‘sadness’ of it all… it’s a state school, afterall)

1 Like

As far as I know and have seen there is no set date as to when decisions will be released even on the TAMU Website. According to the website “Students in Holistic Review: Most students applying for fall admission will receive a decision between January 1 and late March.”

Here is the link for further information: https://admissions.tamu.edu/apply/freshman

1 Like

I forgot to include how I perceived this message in the previous reply sorry! As far as my interpretation, TAMU has rolling decisions so it really can be at any time depending on when the application was submitted. I believe @ChristiR93 has previously posted the timeline for last year when admission decisions for full-admit/alternative options for majors were sent out as they get sent out in different waves. You could also call the admissions office to see where your application is currently (if decisions are going to be sent out soon, your application is in the main review process still and should expect a longer wait, etc.) I did that and did get a specific date back by when mine will be coming back but that doesn’t work for everyone, however, if you’re impatient like me it doesn’t hurt to call and ask. Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks, so much! Very helpful. I knew the general policy but, receiving a message with such vague lingo, threw us off. I may call-- appreciate the advise.

Of course, I’m glad to be able to help! :slight_smile:

Just wondering if anyone knows…my son applied in August and nothing has really changed since then, except he has some achievements he made in the fall and in January. Is there any way to add these to his application? I can have him contact the admissions office, but wondered if anyone had experience with this.

Here is the link to @ChristiR93 post on the dates where there were waves of decisions sent out from the class of 2025 in case that’s of help!

Last time I called the admissions office to ask a similar question they said they don’t accept/consider any documents/material after the deadline has passed, however, I would call and ask to make sure. Hopefully he’s able to send in those achievements!

1 Like