Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Was just thinking, if there are 60,000

Sorry cut off. Such a small sample here out of 60k applicants, I wish we had more posts from average kids/parents.

4 Likes

@ChristiR93 has that been the case in the past? Nothing Blinn or waitlist because a Gateway offer is coming?

2 Likes

Copied and pasted below is something I read in an Aggie facebook group. Is there any truth to this? Also where is Gateway accounted for in this?

Just talked to my friends for updates. One got another email from A&M asking for selection by March 1st on Blinn Team only, Waitlist only, or both. The other got nothing. The first one talked to an A&M admissions advisor who said that they have given out all offers for regular admission (meaning OFFERS are full, but not admissions), plus a very few Blinn team offers. They now have to wait for replies from them to be able to offer more. They said whatever major you applied for is irrelevant at this point - they are just focused on how many they can give offers to the university.

They have basically put those who have not received offers yet into 4 groups. The first group received the email today asking for a decision by March 1st. It sounds like these are closest to an offer. The second group received notice that they are waitlisted. The third group received nothing (basically they are waitlisted for the waitlist - this is my other friend). The fourth group received notice of denied admission. They said the ones who received the selection email (first group) won’t hear anything until mid-March now as they need to wait for all first group replies. Then they will evaluate responses and send notices to the first group of full admission or Blinn team offer or waitlist. This will continue as they get decisions on offers until the next big notice date in May. May 1st is deadline for acceptance of offers, so they will have a much better idea then of who they can give what type of offers to.

Some personal perspective - my daughter is auto-admit and accepted, but has many friends who also applied and received offers as auto-admit but really A&M is their backup school (they prefer that OTHER school down the road…) :wink:. She said they have all been accepted but the vast majority are just waiting for scholarship offers and replies from other schools before they make their final selection, but really A&M isn’t likely going to be their choice. Meaning they are holding up spots at A&M that they really don’t intend to take. This is good news for all that haven’t received an offer yet!

Hope this helps everyone. Sending positive thoughts for you all! :+1:

6 Likes

Congrats.

All positive! You and your family have e all of your support👍

@JulieM7 , this is the first time I’m reading something like this. My son’s application is still under review and he has pretty decent stats. When I called the AO earlier this week, I was told that his department still has spots. Well, from your post , it seems like it’s pretty much over for students that haven’t heard back. I’d like to see what @ChristiR93 and @FriscoDad have to say on this.

Some of this facebook post is not correct and the explanation is more like outside observations. There are pathways not even released yet.

First TEAB and Blinn Team are not the same “group”. Decision and triggering factors are different.
Second many people always have this misconception that admission office need to wait for someone to “open” up a spot. They don’t because the yield is very consistent and university can tolerate minor growth year after year. The university set a target of enrollment (e.g. Mays 1125 this year), from there they know how many can admit way back in August. One solid proof is their accountability report, year 2021 actually saw a drop of 1200 undergraduate enrollment but those spots were not “opened up” to waitlist.

aae
The above numbers include Freshmen and transfer for undergraduates. The 63000+ application claims include Master and PhD.

Thirdly, there is still Gateway, there is no reason TAMU suddenly cancels Gateway this year. So if TAMU mass releasing Gateway this coming weeks the entire facebook posting is bogus?

Again, the last paragraph claiming some top students will open up spots that for a fact we know is not true. TAMU knows its yield they don’t need to wait for someone to “open up”.

14 Likes

@FriscoDad thanks for this info. What does need to happed for a student on waitlist to be admittted?

2 Likes

@FriscoDad is correct. There will be another round of team offers. There will be gateway offers. Gateway is small but it will be offered as usual.

And I’m not sure all full admits are done. There’s always a little round of this is Jan/feb (one not both).

Hang in there y’all. Have a plan A B and C. That will help.

6 Likes

@ALN my daughter is still under review too. Really good stats, lots of EC and volunteer hours. She was assigned first quarter, as her school does not rank due to its small size. I also talked with admissions this week, and was told basically the same thing you were. I guess I’m trying to understand why some kids were not sent the Blinn Team/waitlist email and what that could mean.

2 Likes

@FriscoDad thank you for the encouraging words. My daughter goes to a non ranking school but was assigned first quarter and her stats are solid. She has quite a few volunteer hours and a lot of EC. Allied Health is her first choice. What are your thoughts as far as why some kids received the Blinn/waitlist email this week, and others have not? She did receive the email the Friday before last, encouraging her to look into alternate paths such as Blinn Teamand Gateway, just in case, the email with the links to the pages with info on Team and Gateway. She did click on the links in that email. We read somewhere that A&M could tell if you had clicked on those links. I am not sure if there is anything to that.

So does that mean, at this stage an early action applicant for CA major with “under review” status would most likely not get a direct admission, if at all?

CS major*

Is TEAM for the TAMU business major applicant considered admission to TAMU? I know it’s kind of a hybrid with a pathway, but is the student at the point of taking the TEAM offer saying “I’m going to TAMU?” Can one move over to all TAMU courses after the first year? I read all the responses but I remain confused. Our counselor said definitely choose TEAM vs TEAM + Waitlist.

1 Like

No waitlist/Blinn option email this week. Is the consensus that this might be good or bad, or who knows.

Appreciate you all!

@HFRG1991 this is the 2021 TEAM-Mays pathway agreement. You can Google all your questions.
https://tap.tamu.edu/getattachment/Programs/TEAM/Mays-Approved-Version-of-TEAM-Pathway-to-Business-2021.pdf.aspx?lang=en-US

TEAM is considered a full admission; they can live on campus, have a sports pass, pledge sororities & fraternities, etc.

1 Like

I am still confused as to why someone wouldn’t pick TEAM AND WAITLIST. I understand you might hear back from TEAM earlier but aren’t you taking a possible FULL admission off the table? Looking back at other years, several waitlist applicants were pulled from waitlist into FULL admission.

1 Like

I will also add that TAMU admissions told my son to ALWAYS pick both if given the option because it gives you more opportunities and options to get to main campus.

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like