Texas A&M University Class of 2026

@HFRG1991 this is the complete TEAM link.
https://tap.tamu.edu/Programs/TEAM

1 Like

So In theory that makes sense to pick both. But last year not only did BLINN TEAM only hear back sooner but some people who picked ended up getting PSA. I am not saying this will happen but it is a risk. My theory as to why admissions is saying pick both is because if someone say, picks waitlist only, and ends up not getting in they could call admissions and complain saying “you told me to do this and see what happened”. To say pick both is the most unproblematic answer answer. I also could find no BLINN only applicants who ended up getting PSA (not saying there weren’t any just I didn’t see any). Also a few BLINN only people did end up getting full admission.

5 Likes

Would the kids who received the options also be considered for Gateway?

Agree, and a friend said people will say take Blinn only to give them a better chance at waitlist.

That is my hope too! My son picked both full-admit waitlist and TEAM consideration. Curious if he would be considered for Gateway too?

1 Like

@Almostemptynest2022 Gateway is offered separately.

2 Likes

Yep. Agree and said the exact same thing so we have to be remembering right then lol.

1 Like

Do you think anyone given the option of Waitlist and TEAM would possibly be offered Gateway?

@misterhemmings next to positive Gateway is offered separately/outside of TEAM/Waitlist consideration.
@ChristiR93 can answer for sure.

I hear you. Maybe only those people posted online for anyone to know. When I talked to Admissions they very clearly said that if my son was okay with Blinn but also would love full admission, to pick the ‘both Waitlist and TEAM consideration’ option. Now, if you are saying that picking ‘Waitlist Only’ might make it more likely for you to get PSA – then I can totally see that. It’s a riskier option.

Correct. You will get gateway and no other offer. It’s n

1 Like

So still under review is negative?

No it’s just frustrating. Won’t know what’s negative til all the offers are out. Those that have the options at least have movement, those still waiting will fall under an offer or psa. The longer we go into the process the bigger chance for psa. I still think there will be more offers. But sounds like full admit may be close to being done.

2 Likes

Do you also feel that way about engineering?

@ChristiR93 , is it true that gateway is mostly offered to students will fewer APs , DC classes to see how well they can handle college level classes ? If that’s the case , then any hope of my son getting any offer is pretty much gone. He has 9 APs with scores between 3and 5 and there hasn’t been any movement on his application yet. I just know from talking to AO that Math department is not yet full but I guess at this point that means nothing.

So, still do you think Gateway or Blinn Team will still make offers?

@ahicks not sure any Gateway offers have been offered yet, so definitely yes! But Gateway is small.

Yes for sure there’s still engineering offers to go out. Not sure if there’s still a lot of full admit but still feel they will do another round of options.

Gateway has been kind of random lately. It was designed to help students that may not have the support at home with college transition. We’ve seen a wide range of students get it tho. AP credit won’t knock you out of running. Too many DC may.

Ugh, sad…