Texas A&M University Class of 2026

@ChristiR93 , thank you . My son doesn’t have a single DC , just APs and Honor classes.

1 Like

@ALN always wait to accept AP’s, until meeting with advisor (any college he goes to).

This year many hit the panic buttons so early. There should still be a lot of activity in Feb and your daughter may still get Gateway or Blinn. TAMU won’t offer PSA until March but note that quite a number of PSA students successfully transit to TAMU.

3 Likes

My daughter was class of 2025 and a math major. When we were registering for classes they said they only took 150 math majors for fall 2022z. It’s surprising how few they accepted.

If you meant enrolled 150 then that is a lot and Maths expanding. Average around 100 in last 5 years. Maths also has Blinn Contract.

maths3

3 Likes

Ditto and Amen!

I will suggest just relax and wait. If your student is engineering, prepare for more options and plans

4 Likes

If a student is waiting for engineering, there is one more very practical pathway called Engineering Academies. This pathway allows students to complete ETAM process in six major community colleges (Dallas, Houston, Austin, Alamo, Midland and Blinn-Brenham).

The reason I mention this is because the application process is different. Student applies through the community college specifically request A&M Engineering Academies. Once passed the first admission phase it will proceed to A&M phase. Once A&M also approves, the student starts at one of those six community colleges for the same ETAM process.

A lot of engineering students successfully transition to College Station campus through this route. Spending even less than those in TEAB or full admitted student offer. This process is specifically beneficial to students having DC on these campuses and scoring 4.0 while in high school. That means some students transition earlier than 2 years to College Station. Crucial classes professors in all these six community colleges are under TAMU payroll.

Application is open now and they encourage students to finish application by April 1st. A great plan B for many engineering students who aim for TAMU.

10 Likes

My daughter got Blinn/waitlist/both this past Wednesday. She understood what Blinn was, but she had no idea what to pick. She asked her school counselor who suggested “Blinn only” and she did just that within hours of being offered. I read through this forum it appeared most people picked Blinn+waitlist. I want to know why? Why A&M offer Blinn this way? How long will she need to wait for Blinn acceptance?
We came from East coast and my girl’s high school only used her 11th grade GPA to rank her (135/1283), ACT 32, Biology major. After this past fall her rank improved to (98/1280) but the new rank was just released yesterday.

3 Likes

@GigiLam here’s the link for Blinn TEAM. Everyone last week was offered CONSIDERATION for WaitList & Blinn Team: not a sure thing for either.
In the past, many who have selected Blinn TEAM only have heard back sooner vs those who selected both options.

https://tap.tamu.edu/Programs/TEAM

1 Like

Congratulations on Blinn offer. Your daughter is now top 10%, and graduating top 10% can be used in the future for automatic transfer to A&M should your daughter choose other universities to start Freshmen.

In the past two years, picking “Blinn only” got Blinn Team admission faster (last year a week or two, but can be a month). Some students with academics so close to auto (like yours) may try their chance on “waitlist”, which can drag till March or April.

As to why TAMU offer TEAM this way? It largely has to do with trying to fill Blinn Team with solid figure. If a student picks “Blinn only”, TAMU will know there is very high chance that student will commit to Blinn Team. In certain sense, offering along with waitlist means your major (Biology) still have spots but may be close to full. (e.g. Biology planned to admit 2300 students and they could be reaching 2000).

As for Blinn Team Biology, the contract is very favorable to students, the latest one requires only 2.5GPA TAMU/ 3.0 overall your daughter can easily transition to TAMU and saving over $6K in tuition. 2022 Blinn contract is not updated yet but it won’t be suddenly jumping to like 3.8.

Not all Blinn Team offer is that straight forward, if the transition to full TAMU barrier is high student may need to think a bit more comparing other university offers. Your daughter will do great in Blinn or any path she chooses.

5 Likes

Thank you the information is very helpful.

1 Like

If you apply to one of the Engineering Academy’s does that hurt your chance of getting into A&M or being offer TEAB? Will A&M see the student applying and assume they are content with this and offer PSA?

It won’t affect, the NetID not the same. The application guide below explains in detail.

1 Like

Thank you for the details. Very helpful :+1:

My son got CAP option on his CS major at UT Austin, his (early action) application is still under review at A&M for CS major.

Which path would be better for him? CAP for UT or academies for AM? If I think about it, CAP can also help him apply for domestic transfer route at AM as well?

He would want to stay local in TX, already admitted to UH honors and regular for CS…so is at UTD. Need to really carefully evaluate the options.

@Lahoreia Computer Science won’t be a given at A&M, as everyone enters General Engineering, then goes thru ETAM.
If he’s been direct accepted to CompSci at other schools, especially honors program at UH, that needs to carry a lot of weight.

3 Likes

UH Honor for CS and UTD CS both have very high job placement rate. So these two are risk free direct options.

UT Austin CAP is only for COLA (Liberal Arts), not for CS so it is not a path.

CS in A&M is under engineering, and A&M has a ETAM Process that all engineering Freshmen need to go through and those with 3.75 GPA will get to their first choice. If your student is well prepared, all ETAM paths (CSTAT full admit, TEAB, Engineering Academies, McAllen, Galveston) are the same.

5 Likes

I am a Forensics major. I got into Penn State not too long ago and sadly can not afford the out-of-state tuition. I applied to TAMU back in August had some killer essays and EC’s. was top 11% (ouch). My GPA is well above average, however, I made the mistake of not submitting my test scores. I am on the waitlist currently and was put on it the first day they started it. I chose waitlist+blinn. I am hoping to hear something next month. What do y’all think?

What were your scores? Just curious

Hello y’all. I was accepted to TAMU Engineering in October, and applied to the engineering honors program in the first week of January. Does anyone know how long the engineering honors results typically take to come out?