Texas A&M University Class of 2026

The LLC’s can vary in value, but generally she found the concentration of resources to be helpful. It also attracted other high-quality students to the LLC, which was probably the biggest pro. I think the general engineering was a little different since it was less exclusive. I hear some wild stories from that group that she did not experience in her LLC. Her study groups and group project teams would use the study rooms to meet, which was helpful. If you lived there, then you already know the benefits of the community oriented dorm (vs. the modulars where they do not have the group meeting spaces.)

1 Like

If he goes into the corps, the housing will be determined for him. The important thing is to accept his offer and register for his NSC. The NSC date determines his selection priority for his outfit. I have seen cadets not get their chosen outfit because they delayed accepting their admissions offer while waiting on a service academy decision. IMO it is best to register for housing as if he will go through traditional room selection. Things can change, so it is good to have that housing registration in early just in case.

3 Likes

Thank you for this info. This is great to know.

My son has a friend in the top 10% who was just accepted into the college of Education at TAMU! Acceptance announcements are being released! Isn’t this earlier than last year!?

5 Likes

IT does seem earlier, but CONGRATULATIONS! I will have my daughter start checking every day.

It’s about a week ahead of last year. But yay!!!

My son was not given the option to review his essay when he went to submit his application on goapplytexas. So he isn’t sure the formatting was ok and that his essay and answers to the questions specific to TAMU weren’t cut off. When he went back to his application after submitting, he can only view the application up until employment. The answers for the TAMU specific questions and the essay are not showing up. Anyone else have this problem? How can he make sure it all went through, and correctly? Thanks.

Yes, we have noticed the same “viewing” issue with not being able to go back to view the essay or supplemental question responses with the submitted application. If they get the green check marks in AIS, I would assume TAMU has everything they need in the app, and you can call the Admissions Office to be sure if you want to double check and see if they can tell you what they see. The same thing is occurring with other ApplyTexas apps and my son just got accepted to Texas Tech yesterday, so I think it’s all good. ApplyTexas is using a new platform this year and has had LOTS of growing pains with this one. For instance, my son applied to TAMU on Aug. 1 and they didn’t get it until Aug. 12, and he applied to TCU on Aug. 8 and they just received his app yesterday.

1 Like

Thank you! This really helps. He emailed the help desk today for goapplytexas, and they said they can see his essays and they were sent. As far as the entire parts of the essays being sent, they said to contact the University to double check once they get them. I read that some of the words can be cut off because its reformatted if you copy and past from a word/google docs document. And you can’t see it being cut off unless you have a chance to have that final review before submitting, which he wasn’t given the option. So, he will just double check when they receive it. Glad to know that all went through well for you son. Congratulations!

2 Likes

My daughter finally submitted all her applications yesterday. TAMU’s was the longest and had the most questions. :sweat_smile:Now on to next steps!

5 Likes

Green check now on the class rank (as of 9/4). Green check on SRAR since 8/16. App now says “in review”.

Thought I’d mention this here because we are OOS from a HS that doesn’t rank and it seemed to be taking a loooonnng time for that class rank checkbox to clear. It did do so after my son sent a question to admissions asking if there was any additional information that he needed to provide. They responded on 9/3 with a non-answer, but that green check was there today.

3 Likes

Wondering about these stats for our high school. Every year for the last 7 years it has been 500ish applicants and between 200 and 300 admitted- except 2020. It was the average number of applicants but under 100 admitted.
Any insight as to why that might have been?

Interesting….and with less applicants but the percentage accepted doesn’t reflect the previous year. Where did you locate those graphs? I’d like to see one for our school.

What are the “6 tabs” that I read so much about? I tried searching old threads from past years, but not sure I’m looking in the right place as I couldn’t find a description. Thanks!

The three tabs (Home, Applicant, My Howdy) in the Howdy portal turn into six tabs just prior to an applicant being accepted. I think some of the new tabs will say Housing and Financials. It is easier to see the tabs on a computer screen vs on a phone. Otherwise, touch the three lines on the top left of the Howdy screen to see the tabs list drop down into a drop down menu.

1 Like

Thanks!

Strange about the 2020 admit rates. I am not sure why since the pandemic would have started after TAMU admissions decisions went out. Here are the stats from our school. Also a dip in 2020, but perhaps not quite as dramatic. Due to Test optional, I think 2021 is really the only relevant year for the Class of 2022. This is from Naviance, btw.

1 Like

Maybe it has to do with Coronavirus. Everything shut down in March, schools were trying to figure out how to shift to remote learning, people started working from home, it was probably either not on people’s minds to update the system or they weren’t able to. It’s like the results froze when coronavirus hit and never updated?

1 Like

On Naviance there is information like this for each university.

1 Like

So it’s only A&M’s that showed the dip? I don’t remember if our school showed those results. I will check. Thanks.