Texas A&M University Class of 2026

What’s naviance?

I wish our school district used Naviance. Do you guys like it and should I recommend it to our counselors?

Good catch! I’ve been focusing on A&M. Just checked and U of H, Texas Tech, and Baylor all had similar dips.

1 Like

Ok it’s something some high schools use not A&M. Our school uses aeries and kcloud. We don’t have access to anything like what is shown above in naviance. Maybe our guidance counselors do but students and parents don’t.

A program used by some schools, public and private, to help organize the application process. It contains information about universities to help in you search for schools and shows your school’s history of admittance there, and shows you how your grades and scores compare to those who have recently gained admission to help guide you in your decision making process. Then, when it comes time for the application, you link your account to Common app and your school can submit items such as transcripts or LOR through the Naviance system into your Common app.

2 Likes

I love Naviance. I don’t have anything to compare it to though, this is my first highschooler. It has a ton of features that we haven’t even used. You can find test scores, test dates, lots of information from the counselors, quizzes to find college matches and career matches. Financial aid and scholarship info, class rank, GPA. So much.

2 Likes

I have had kids at different schools that used Naviance. Not everything that was showing up in my Naviance account in one school would be there in the other school’s, so it appears high schools that use this can also determine which features they want or which features they can make visible to parents/students.

1 Like

It’s a system our district subscribers to. Each student has an account.

Thank you. Yeah our school doesn’t have that! Sounds nice! The school has been sending out info and checklists and we have a dedicated college and career readiness department that sends out info frequently so I’m sure I would have heard if we had it.

Yes. A feature that I find useful that I never would have thought of before is the button that says something like “schools similar to this one that others have applied to”. It lets you see similar schools that I would have never considered before.

2 Likes

Hi. My son just got his UIN yesterday and set up his AIS account. He was about to attach his SRAR but realized he’s missing one question on it. It says what is his weighted GPA on a Scale of _____. If you click on the question mark next to the scale it says “Enter the highest possible weighted GPA a student could get at this school.” The highest grade a student could get is a 6.67 for an A+ on an AP class. But clearly no one can take every single class as an AP class all 4 years, or middle school if counting some classes in 8th grade. He emailed his guidance counselor, but its the weekend. Any idea on how to answer this?

Sometimes you can find information about your weighted grade point scale in the district’s high school student handbook, and sometimes on the counselor’s website at your school or another school in your district.

He knows his weighted GPA, but we are unable to find the “on a Scale of _____” question in the handbook or anywhere else. The highest grade possible in a class is 6.67 for an AP class.

Good question. Our unweighted is 4.0 and our weighted is 4.0 for regular on level classes, 4.5 for dual credit and 5.0 for AP. So We just put 5.0 for the weighted scale. :woman_shrugging:I did not click the question mark so I didn’t see that definition. :grimacing: I see what you mean though. It would be impossible to get a 5.0 since there are only a limited number of AP classes available.

2 Likes

Now I’m wondering if the scale even has to be answered. If you don’t answer it, it will just pick 0 and leave it as blank. Did everyone on here put a scale for the weighted GPA questions?

My son put his weighted scale because he knew 6.0 is the highest possible for a 100 in an AP/DC class. I’m sure they have most Texas school district profiles and will have the opportunity to clarify if you accidentally apply an incorrect number. But it is probably best to wait for your counselor’s answer, unless you have other moms or friends you can ask?

2 Likes

Here is our school district scale:

2 Likes

That’s interesting. Here is ours. So we had put 5.0 for weighted scale.

I do see your point and understand your question. I think their definition is confusing. I think they really just mean the highest point in the scale (e.g 5.0 or 6.0 etc) . Not the actual highest possible cumulative GPA. Our school hasn’t provided that info and it isn’t published anywhere. So I can’t imagine they expect us to know and report that.

1 Like

That would make the most sense. I’ll wait to hear from his guidance counselor, but I think you must be right. Thank you.

1 Like