Texas A&M University Class of 2026

I think you either get full acceptance or Gateway.

TAMU doesn’t look too much on activities during the last two pandemic admission cycles.

2 Likes

Tried to access Financial Aid tab and there was a red banner that said:

“Academic Year 2022-2023 is currently unavailable in the Financial Aid Portal as we begin Fall 2022 Incoming Freshman awarding” Said it should be available again by 5 p.m.

@Almostemptynest2022 yes, Financial Aid has been down since yesterday.

1 Like

@FriscoDad , so good to hear that. He does not have too many volunteer hours during the pandemic and was worried that it might go against him :frowning: he continued to play varsity soccer with his mask though :slight_smile:

1 Like

TEAM program is BAC-team, it won’t show which major you will be in until AIS is updated, and one can change the major in NSC during classes registration as many majors (except engineering which is totally different TEAB) have similar freshmen classes.

1 Like

AIS has updated with : You’ve been admitted to Texas A&M-Blinn TEAM!

8 Likes

Yeah I’m not sure if all TEAM go under GS and then at NSC you sign your pathway agreement for your intended major. I truly have no idea if that is how it works, but how I’m perceiving it.

Any TEAM people show an actual major or just GS… ? That’ll help solve this riddle.

Can’t imagine not getting Gateway or full admit with that SAT score and 1st quarter. I’ll reach out to my psych guru to see if psych is full already. It usually is by now.

2 Likes

3 Likes

@ChristiR93 Thank you! Was surprising to me…I know her scores/gpa aren’t top-tops -but…gosh, college admissions these days is crazy.

2 Likes

My daughter is wishing for Gateway, and I honestly think that will be the best route for her. My son was full admittance to Engineering last year, but chose to do the Engineering Academy instead.

2 Likes

Congratulations ! Check if housing portal is unlocked, will need to sign up asap now.

1 Like

Housing phase 1 was completed at 7:28 am thanks to all of the amazing advice I read here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got in to Texas A&M Engineering at Blinn. The AIS portal says:

1. You’ve been admitted to Texas A&M Engineering at Blinn!
  2. To accept your offer of admission, you will need to register for a New Student Conference (NSC).
  3. If you do not register for your NSC by 5/1/2022, Texas A&M will assume that you do not intend to enroll and reserves the right to cancel your offer of admission.

Blinn TEAM for engineering is scary with a 3.75 minimum requirement for Blinn courses in 1.5 years. And they seemed to have given 2nd choice major of BA computing

2 Likes

This year Gateway is later than normal but they did have Gateway released in Feb. in the past.

Last two years Gateway numbers dropped likely due to the pandemic. This year should be back to normal (400-600). Gateway also have majors in GEST, after passing two classes (6 credit hours) and two zero hours learning classes students will enroll in Fall like regular students.

3 Likes

Oooh so you don’t have ETAM with BA in Computing, right?

My daughter’s portal still just shows the three tabs and there is still a change of major button in AIS. Does that mean she is still in the running for Full admit/Gateway/Team/PSA?

Not great stats, would be an excellent candidate for Gateway. Major is Kinesiology.

1 Like

What major? Did you get the Blinn/Waitlist option last week. We did not and still in review so very worried.

1 Like

My daughter did not get the email last week to choose waitlist, Blinn team or both. But Today she received the offer of Texas A&M Team Blinn

6 Likes

I got an email this morning about Aggieland Saturday. My son and I are registered for that, so I guess this is just an automatic email sent to everyone registered. In looking at the schedule, most all the options are either for juniors or for students already admitted. So, I called the admissions office and after waiting on hold for about 10 minutes, I got to speak to someone who seemed very tired of taking calls and not very optimistic about the chances for admission this late into the cycle. My son is still in review and hasn’t heard anything. The admissions rep did say there were still some decisions coming out and that everyone should hear within the next two weeks. He said we could “come if you want” to Aggieland Saturday, and that we might hear before the event. However, the overall impression I got was pretty negative, and he said that if we come without hearing anything, it would be best to attend the events for transfer students because that is what we would probably be looking at in order to come to TAMU CS.

2 Likes