Texas A&M University Class of 2026

I just got the decision letter, which does talk about ETAM (3 choices in Engineering after 1st semester or later). So, I guess it doesn’t have to be BA Computing. I was just confused by the table in AIS page which said Degree as BAC. But, ETAM allows for choice of engineering major, so that should make CS possible. Will talk to a recruiter that I am in touch with to further clarify

Hi just wanted to share what we did for my daughter last year. She applied for a Liberal Arts major and got the PSA option. Because she wanted to be in Aggieland, we went the PTA route (Program for Transfer admission). She has a PTA agreement with TAMU Admissions for her major and they match that to her transfer app that is now submitted. As long as she completes her spring courses according to their requirements (which she will), she will be admitted to her major.

With that, just wanted to give everyone another thing to think about if a PSA offer comes through. PTA can be a good choice. She lives at an apt and attends Blinn Bryan for her classes this year. She has done great and actually really enjoys the small BCC classes. And absolutely no one cares that she is at Blinn and not TAMU yet.

9 Likes

I think full admits may be over at this point aside from waitlist.

The change of major button will drop right before PSA is offered.

1 Like

I think BAC is bachelors, not BA in computing. :grinning:

2 Likes

My daughter placed education as her first choice and received 7 Tabs and Blinn Team this morning. It looks like they changed the major to general studies also.

3 Likes

Your got TEAB. TEAB students go through the same ETAM process like a College Station/McAllen/Galveston engineering students, and 3.75 get first choice. (In reality, it is 3.77 from 27 freshmen credit hours)

I guess there is still hope then. Thanks

During NSC, the classes selection will determine the major.

I think she knew this, but was confused because 2nd choice is BA-Computing and she saw BAC. So then I said there’s no ETAM for that. But yes, it’s engineering not Computing. All is right with the world. = )

1 Like

Thank you for this info. We are in the same boat.

Would you mind sharing your stats? And we’re you offered bteam/waitlist option?

Christi, do you think there will be anymore TEAB offers? Daughter is planning to room with a friend who is still waiting.

Thank you @it_sajourney for sharing this. I had not heard of the PTA program and feel it might be a better fit for my son than PSA, which is what I think will be coming for him. I checked and his major choice is eligible for the program. We will be looking further into it as we continue to wait. Thanks again.

2 Likes

No, I think the offers for the 3 choices are done. I guess there’s a possibility for just straight TEAB to be offered like they do with TEAM, but I cannot recall if that’s a thing any more. Several years ago, you didn’t get offers… you got what you got.

2 Likes

We also did this w/my daughter in 2020. She did well at Blinn & made a smooth transition to A&M. (Nutrition Science major).

4 Likes

If the offer is only PSA, or even a rejection, will they go ahead and notify the student (ie, why wait until March)?

2 Likes

My daughter is also construction science and has heard nothing. There are a few on here who have not heard either (however, 1 received the TEAM/waitlist options last week).

2 Likes

Congrats! Did she receive the choice email before or was this the first contact?

Last year they notified PSA sooner than normal. So I would say they will continue that trend and PSA will go out this month. Watch for either 6 tabs (offer coming) or change of major button to disappear (PSA coming).

2 Likes

@RBT26 Wow…thanks for this input and that call sounded very discouraging. My heart goes out to all of these brilliant students who won’t get admitted.

1 Like