Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Let us know what they say!:grinning:

1 Like

You are correct. It’s the highest course gpa possible not the highest gpa attainable.
I would say most schools are 5.0 and then 6.0.

4 Likes

Same here for my son (for timing purposes on rank - also OOS/school doesn’t rank). Looks like it was assigned yesterday as well.

1 Like

I went back to look at the SRAR requirements for TAMU and I think this is what you’re asking about, and it asks for the highest possible GPA you can receive, which to me is asking for the highest possible “cumulative “ GPA, so maybe 5.0 or 6.0 for example. Here is a screenshot.

1 Like

Exactly.

For my student it was listed on the transcript.

1 Like

Interesting. Our transcript has the weighted GPA and the Unweighted GPA but it does not have the scales. Our school has a school profile that they send along with the transcript when they send the official transcript that does have all sorts of info about scales and rigor but we don’t have access to that yet as parents or students. We do have the course weighting online (not on the transcript) and it shows for our school for example, courses are weighted as 4.0 for regular classes, 4.5 for dual credit, 5.0 for AP.

So your out of number is 5.0. Is that what you put?

Yes

1 Like

Ours is also on the transcript. It says “Weighted 4.0 Cumulative” under Class Rank: __, Class Size: __ and Rank GPA __. Our school district does not do unweighted GPA. Since each school seems to do it differently, I agree on waiting to hear from the counselor if not on the transcript itself.

1 Like

I will say that since the beginning of srar no one has ever had this question on weighted gpa being out of 5 or 6 or whatever. Yes you can wait to hear from your school counselor, but I think we are over analyzing this. It truly is straightforward. Your student will know.

Whatever your AP or Dual credit class is worth (whichever is higher) is the “out of” gpa.

Hope this clears it up. Ive been doing this for 5 cycles now and while self reporting is new (ish) the “out of” gpa isn’t.

3 Likes

After submitting the Admissions Application, has anyone actually clicked “View This Application” to review the data that was submitted to make sure everything is correct?

My DD submitted her application nearly a month ago, but she just happened to view what was saved, and surprisingly, some “old” answers are still there. In other words, she worked on the application over several days, saving in between. Answers on day 1, which were changed on day 2, and didn’t show up again during the final review prior to submission, still somehow were kept and are now displaying in the “View This Application” screen. So we’re concerned that some application errors (not on our part) might cause issues.

The new ApplyTexas app they rolled out this year was VERY buggy. She made sure to give multiple, detailed complaints on the post-application survey.

We’ve submitted a question via AIS to determine next steps.

Anyone else see issues with their saved data?

I had emailed our guidance counselor and she replied our weighted scale is 5.0 and to put that (even though all classes aren’t weighted and aren’t weighted the same). I think A&M just has a bad definition. I think they really mean highest weighted class. (Our AP classes are weighted on a 5.0 scale, dual credit and honors 4.5, regular classes 4.0).

1 Like

@kleincajun That looks exactly like our grading system. Would you happen to live in Klein ISD? :slight_smile: Have two that graduated from Klein - oldest graduated '17 and graduated TAMU this past May; middle graduated '19 and is a junior at TAMU now. Youngest will graduate '23 and hopes to go to TAMU for engineering.

1 Like

Are there any statistics about how many finish in engineering after starting in it? Maybe it’s a matter of taking all the ETAM students and then comparing with the number of engineering grads in a given year. Freshman classes are also growing a bit each year.

Hi All. Question about SAT reporting. Does TAMU still require you to send ALL SAT’s taken and then they only consider the highest score in one sitting? Or do they only want you to send the one highest score from one sitting if sending test scores at all. College Board still states the school requires all scores sent, but my understanding from someone in admissions was that only the highest score needs to be sent.

When my son applied (he was a freshman last year) we had a lot of assistance from our area recruiter. She told us that only the highest score from one sitting would be looked at, no matter how many were submitted. (TAMU doesn’t superscore) You should be fine just submitting your highest score, and if he continues to take the SAT/ACT after applying he can resubmit scores if he would like them to be considered. Which is what my son did.

2 Likes

I asked this to a recruiter as well and they stated TAMU did not require all scores. We only sent the most recent / highest SAT score.

2 Likes

My twins submitted their apps via Apply Texas. One of my twins showed up as a non Texas resident and one showed up as a resident on the TAMU app system. He checked Apply Texas and he was listed as a resident so I don’t know what happened on the transfer of data. TAMU corrected it but agree that Apply Texas is a hot mess right now.

Finally got a reply from his guidance counselor. She said to put 6.0 because not all classes are offered as AP. But I’m confused now because the highest AP grade for an A+ is a 6.67, an A is a 6.33 and an A- is a 6.0. Now more confused than ever. Go with his guidance counselor (6.0) or the 6.67?

1 Like