Texas A&M University Class of 2026

This just changed within the hour on Howdy. What does it mean? BAC-ENGE-GV

GV = Galveston

Nothing this morning. My son was so over it, he went ahead and made a deposit for housing at UTD this past weekend. He tells me I’d rather go to a school that wants me :smiling_face_with_tear:

7 Likes

What pathway is that considered? Can he start at Galveston and then transfer to college station? He didn’t choose Galveston and his AIS hasn’t changed and he doesn’t have 7tabs. It still reads under review. I called the AO and they couldn’t answer many of my questions.

1 Like

You’ll do engineering first year at Galveston location then go through ETAM process with ALL engineering students. Then sophomore year you’ll be in your desired major (hopefully) at the Cstat main campus.

Congrats. It’s a great offer and guaranteed pathway to main campus.

Thank you!

@ALN I’m sorry. No movement for my daughter either, even though she pretty much decided on Trinity…she still monitors A&M and also thinks even if she gets an acceptance now, “I’m bottom of the barrel for them” :frowning:

I SO wish A&M would stop rolling admissions…way too frustrating for the kiddos.

8 Likes

The colleges that don’t use rolling admissions are equally as frustrating for the students. We are on boards for UT Austin, Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, and Wisconsin and people complain on all of them about the deferrals that students are receiving even though they applied EA.

Particularly as an OOS student, we’ve appreciated the rolling admissions at TAMU and a few other schools. Much prefer that to the agonizing wait we are still in for 2 schools to even announce their first set of decisions in March (1 EA and 1 RD) which still could be a deferral as a decision.

3 Likes

Yay that’s Engineering at Galveston!

I have heard that same sentiment from multiple others about schools that “want me.”

5 Likes

I see what you are saying, but instead of my daughter checking 3 times a day everyday for months, how about the college make announced releases…like 2nd week of every month. We much prefer an exact day though- she is still waiting for RDs on a few colleges, but because they have announced the exact date the results are released, it creates less stress and anxiety for her. Either way - so frustrating. I do think it can be handled better.

9 Likes

My son is still complete and in review. I was reading through the 2025 posts and it sounds like kids were waiting through March and some into April for a decision. This is agonizing & hoping we all hear much earlier this year.

12 Likes

Yes, my son’s changed to that code and about 2-3 days later the acceptance showed in AIS, which is the official offer. AO will tell you it’s not official until it changes in AIS.

Any Gateway offers yet?

My son received “Congratulations, You’ve been admitted to Engineering at Galveston”. I’m guessing this is the gateway program? I was excited for him, he isn’t as much as he wanted main campus with his friends and sister (already a BIMS Aggie student). I told him just rock it hard for 2 semesters and you can get to main campus.

1 Like

Nothing here. Crickets.

@Erbono , from my understanding, that is a PSA. Gateway is when students attend summer school in College Station before transitioning in Fall. ( I could be wrong though)

1 Like

@KleinCajun , nothing this morning :frowning:

@Erbono congrats! Galveston is a full acceptance pathway (not Gateway or PSA)! He can carpool with buddies to the football games, take all the same classes as those on Main campus, but they’ll be smaller! Dorms are newer, right on the water.
I’ve never heard anyone who started out at Galveston, that didn’t love their time on the Island.

6 Likes