Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Yes!!! Thank you for clarifying this so perfectly. I saw another reply and I was like Noooooooo.

2 Likes

Congrats. Great offer. And @52AG82 explaibed exactly what it is. So whoop. You’re an Aggie.

5 Likes

@ChristiR93 , my reply had a disclaimer LOL… I am still learning myself. So far I have only nailed the term Gateway and nothing else hahah

1 Like

Lol no worries at all. It was funny, my reaction…. It takes all of us to keep the info straight. There’s just so much!!!

2 Likes

My son’s program option changed to BAC-ENGE-GV this morning. Not sure what does that mean and if we are out of waters yet :-/

1 Like

@Lahoreia means he’s ON the water…in Galveston! :sweat_smile: Congrats, full acceptance offer should be coming, to Galveston campus.

But his major is not offered at Galveston…would he get an option to move back to his major in sophomore year?

Engineering students no matter Galveston, College Station or McAllen all go through the same ETAM process to get major of choice.

3 Likes

@Lahoreia did he not apply for Engineering?

Delete

Yes, applied to CS

Yes, every incoming freshman starts out as General Engineering, then goes thru ETAM.
Galveston is considered full acceptance-sports pass!

1 Like

@Lahoreia make sure you all read the ETAM links & requirements carefully, especially the updated incoming class of ‘26 gpa.

Entry to a Major | Texas A&M University Engineering.

1 Like

Considering my son received Galveston engineering I may opt to visit thaw if campus and skip the Aggieland Saturday this weekend. Or is there any benefit to going to Aggieland Saturday. I think I can figure out etam and everything else online.

2 Likes

@Erbono & @Lahoreia this might be a beneficial link for both of you.

1 Like

My son got 7 tabs on Howdy this morning and his AIS changed to General Engineering Galveston. I’m so glad to see this. It has been a long wait! He really wanted CS, but I think Galveston is a great option.

6 Likes

If Aggieland is this Saturday, why wouldn’t TAMU let all the students know the decision by then so students can attend. Why do Aggieland now when potentially some decisions may come out as late as April?

5 Likes

Congrats he’s set to be admitted to Engineering at Galveston!!

3 Likes

Congrats!! He can still go to CS after the first year at Galveston as long as he meets the class and GPA requirements! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ALN Aggieland Saturday is for all prospective students, not just for those who have applied and/or been accepted. It’s always in February. Many who attend are high school sophomores & juniors. Anyone is welcome to attend.