Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Have you found the TAMU Transfer Equivalency website to be generally reliable to determine which TAMU class corresponds to a dual credit course? I know they state that the student can’t completely rely on it and still need official approval to determine what credit will be given for the DC class, but I am wondering if the website can be used as a guide for high school kids taking DC.

It’s extremely accurate. If anything, it’s less flexible than the departments will be. So if you see it transfers, then you’re solid. If you see it transfers but no corresponding course at tamu, then it will transfer at worst case as a general elective. BUT, the department can make it’s own evaluation. They have some leeway.

1 Like

@KleinCajun Congratulations!! I know yall are so happy & relieved! What a wait—but worth it!!

2 Likes

Congratulations! Do you mind me asking if your son received a text (not email) a couple weeks ago telling him he wouldn’t get full admission, but to look at TEAM, Gateway and PSA options? A few of my son’s friends received it. We did not.

1 Like

@Crickett272 that doesn’t sound right, as TEAM and Gateway can only be offered, and it told them they wouldn’t be getting full admission? Technically TEAM is considered full admission-sports pass, banner in the mail, can live on campus, join clubs/Greek life, etc.

1 Like

All applicants got that email to review different pathways. You can check what email you have on file in AIS and Howdy. It may have gone to spam folder.

Hi, no he didn’t get that text or an offer to select options, but he got the generic email a few weeks ago. He does remember selecting being open to Blinn Team on the original application in August. We were shocked today!

1 Like

I’m wondering if someone out there can help us with a TEAM Pathway question. On the Pathway Agreement page, are the classes in the “requirements” section at the top, in the column labeled TAMU required to be taken on main campus? Are the classes in the column next to it labeled TCCNS required to be taken at the Rellis building, or are they both listed on each line because they are equivalents that the student can take at either campus?

Thank you. Yes, my son received the email as well. We didn’t receive the text though and I have been wondering if that’s a good thing or a bad thing.:relaxed: I’m so happy y’all received such great news!

1 Like

Yes, the text told his friends that they weren’t getting full admission and there were many wonderful applicants this year and only so much room so to check out Gateway, TEAM and PSA in case they were offered one of those. :woman_shrugging:t2:
I haven’t heard many people mentioning a text message so just curious what it really means for admission. I know one of the boys that received it applied VERY late.

1 Like

Wow, have never heard of that.

Biology, right? And TCCNS is listed just to show the corresponding number.

They are very specific down at the bottom on what is allowed at CC. Seems pretty flexible, which is nice.

If you want to look over it together or if you have a specific question on a class, I can try to help.

When did this text message come to his phone?

SS22 did his application pretty much all on his own and can’t remember what he selected. Is there anyway to check, or has that ship sailed?

Thank you!

Ship sailed, but good news is it doesn’t matter. The applicant will be considered for it.

Thank you. 99% sure selected open to options anyway.

1 Like

Hey @EllyBelly I have the same / similar question regarding what classes, which campus, etc. There is a Blinn TEAM info session (looks like a 45 minute presentation) during Aggieland Saturday, but we have a conflict and cannot attend. I suspect these and other questions might be addressed then.

TAMU - BLINN TEAM
(for prospective students who have been offered this option for summer/fall 2022)
9:30 - 10:15 a.m. Memorial Student Center (MSC)
Room 2300-D
11:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. Memorial Student Center (MSC)
Room 2300-D

Is anyone attending this presentation? If so, would you mind sharing afterwards what you learned? My son and I would very much appreciate it.

1 Like

You’re construction science, right? So what pathway will they give you for guaranteed admission since Consci doesn’t follow it? That’s a question you’ll need to ask. And since not guaranteed, do you just follow the consci transfer requirements? I’m going to say yes. AND then you can pick and choose which courses you take at tamu, you just won’t be guaranteed admission into that major.

AS for the agreement… it is so spelled out for each pathway offered. What you have to take at tamu and or what’s allowed at CC. Plus the hours and gpa for both.

Thanks, I wish I could attend but we won’t be able to get up there on that date. I wonder if they record it and make it available online.

There are certain classes that my daughter would have to take at main campus due to her post-grad goals, so we are trying to figure out if she would be able to take those at main campus or would be forced into taking some at Blinn due to lack of availability, low priority on registration time, or something like that if she is TEAM. If there’s a chance she won’t be able to take those specific classes on main campus, it will take TEAM off the table as an option for her. I really appreciate your offer to help! I’ll message you with the classes we are wondering about.

1 Like