Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Typically gateway is one swoop, but with this glitch of summer and team… who knows

1 Like

Hmmm… pretty clear if you are not top quarter you won’t get full admission-no matter what your stats are. I know someone who has a 3.8GPA, 1510 SAT BUT 2nd qtr and offered Blinn Team- not full admission. Seems odd. I’m struggling to understand why I have not been offered anything at this point. My stats aren’t that bad (1330 SAT -superscore of 1370 but I know they don’t look at this, 3.7GPA, 9AP classes, but I’m 2nd qtr) This is pretty sad. At this point, if I don’t get full admission or gateway I’m moving on so I don’t enter A&M with a bad taste in my mouth. Ugh :frowning:

3 Likes

I share you sentiments.

1 Like

Does anything ever come out on the weekends?

1 Like

Is Blinn Team their best offer? It’s full admission but just a bit logistically inconvenient. Maybe some private universities are more lenient with class rank if there’s demonstrated interest and ability to pay. Then there are honors programs at lower ranked publics.

3 Likes

Blinn Team was her best offer. I can say she was offended…lol…and won’t be attending A&M. I can’t blame her. She has gotten better offers with lots of merit aid at private schools. A&M missed out!

3 Likes

@misterhemmings My son chose WAITLIST and consideration for TEAM… no word yet.

COLA - ECON #1, International Studies #2

1st Quarter, 1360 SAT, 3.6 Unweighted /4.7 Weighted GPA, NHS, numerous DC and AP, EC, 100+ volunteer hours, Varsity Sports, 6A Klein ISD.

He and his Dad are at Aggieland Saturday this rainy morning. TAMU is his #1 choice despite being accepted by 6 other universities all with merit scholarships. He is determined to be an Aggie no matter the pathway. His sister and brother are currently there. WHOOP!

4 Likes

I’m telling you… I will be shocked if he doesn’t get full admit. And I never say that lightly.

4 Likes

Hey please let us know when AIS and howdy show gateway. So excited for y’all. This is my favorite pathway!!!

1 Like

Just saw on Reddit somebody said their Howdy changed this morning. Previously said Summer 2022 and Blinn Team. It now says Summer 2022 and Major: GEST - General Studies with Program: BAC_GEST. They provided a screen shot. So it appears the glitch has been fixed.

1 Like

I’m here now at Aggieland Saturday to listen to the Blinn Team presentation. I’ll let y’all know if they say anything new, revealing, or “juicy.” Lol! Anyone else here?

5 Likes

No , not able to attend, but on pins and needles to know what they say about Blinn TEAM. If you don’t mind sharing, that would be really appreciated.

1 Like

For instance, they say you take half your classes at A&M and half on RELLIS campus. But which classes? Just prerequisites? Or can you take classes related to a specific major? Hopefully, they address that.

Depends on your major and if there’s a guaranteed pathway. They will be very specific. If no guaranteed pathway, there’s no restrictions which you can take where. However some courses are only offered to students in a certain major. For instance Mays. Can’t take acct 229 unless in mays or ag business.

1 Like

Yep. When I ran into admissions person last night… jw as Like… wth… is it gateway or team or both. And she said total glitch, it’s gateway and it was fixed. So I’m glad it’s showing gateway today!

1 Like

Well, I have nothing to share because the Blinn Team presenter never showed up. :grimacing: And no one could help or reach anyone to find out if they would ever arrive. There were apparently two different schedules, one with and one without the 11:30 time slot showing. But all of the digital scrolling schedules on the TV screens showed it.
….and it’s hailing here now. :cold_face:

One question I have – I thought the classes were half and half, however on the Zoom last week they said you take ONE class at A&M and the rest at Blinn. (Unless I misunderstood them)

I think it’s 45 hours at Blinn and 15 hours at A&M. But I could be wrong. I’m still learning.

1 Like

My husband and son attended the 930 Blinn Team session. I’ll report back when they get home tonight.

3 Likes

You are correct. You can take up to 6 credits per semester at Tamu. The 15 at Tamu is minimum requirement for being guaranteed pathway. However many majors won’t allow more than 60 hours for transfer so you have to keep that in mind.