Texas A&M University Class of 2026

The one from this morning is my best friend’s son. Couldn’t be more proud! I know she has reached out to you, but you have no idea how helpful you’ve been! They are on cloud nine.

4 Likes

This gives me hope. Still
Haven’t heard a thing. Great stats so we are all just shocked and don’t know what path to take. So they were at Blinn for one year and are transferring in as sophomores?

1 Like

Yes, that is correct. Most kids I work with are doing straight transfer route vs. PSA or PTA. I work with all, but the majority are straight transfer.

So doable. I hope you guys hear soon! Are y’all on the considered side or no movement side?

1 Like

No movement at all. Bio major, 3.8 gpa, top 20% AP and IB classes. did not submit SAT which now regret. She’s devastated.

Don’t panic yet. Have a good plan B to keep focus forward.

Keep us posted!

1 Like

Has anyone heard anything today?

Just transfer students as far as i know. No one on here.

It would be great if we had one last ish this week.

Nothing yet

1 Like

Still nothing here. She was accepted to Colorado State and Tarleton. Tarleton is the backup since they have her Wildlife major and plan B is to try and transfer from there. But still hoping for admission from A&M!

2 Likes

Tarleton is our back up plan too!

2 Likes

If my son is offered PSA, would it be for Tarleton or Corpus Christi since his wanted majors are 1st - Computer Engineering or 2nd - Computer Science. Just wandering. We have heard nothing since he applied in August.

@janellejones5 PSA has specific majors that participate, Engineering isn’t one of them.
Scroll to the bottom of this link to see the participating colleges & majors.
https://admissions.tamu.edu/apply/freshman/alternative-admission-pathways

1 Like

Have you thought about the engineering academy? You would take basics at your local participating community college, and the engineering classes are taught by an A&M professor. They do several trips a year to main campus. My son is in it, and is thriving. It’s a two year program, but he will be in College Station after 3 semesters.

2 Likes

I will look into this. Just seeing what all our options may be. His plan B is Texas Tech.

1 Like

@52AG82 If you aren’t accepted into Engineering and there isn’t PSA for Engineering, do those kiddo get a straight rejection. I know there are still other pathways such as Academy, but didn’t know what the response would be from A&M.

That I don’t know, sorry. Both major choices were Engineering, even tho everyone enters as General Engineering?
@ChristiR93 can shed some light…

Good question! My daughter is BIMS or Animal Science and they do not have a PSA pathway. She has a backup at Tech, but I’m looking at other options into A&M as well. Possibly into Blinn or our local CC and transferring in that way. Any insight to this would be appreciated.

My son is a PSA transfer (transferred last year) - he’s already changed his major twice. They want you to complete a full 12 hours (one semester) before submitting a major change request. Some majors may have prerequisites to satisfy for major change - and they may have a cap on number of hours. For example, if cap is 95 hours, and student has 98, they can’t change into that major.

3 Likes

No movement here- but I didn’t think I’d see it today. I’m looking forward to tomorrow morning :pray: :crossed_fingers: :grinning:

7 Likes

I’ve applied for the same major as your daughter and haven’t heard anything, when did she apply?