Texas A&M University Class of 2026

I know many are anxiously waiting and I hope everyone gets acceptance soon.

Pardon this aggie parent as my last and fourth one in junior high school going to start the cycle in a few months, I will take my questions to another thread if someone opens a 2027 one.

My ambitious junior wants med school and aiming BioEng as first choice and Biology second, is that a good approach?

Since TEAB is assigned by admission so plan B is Engineering Academy, which one is the best?

How Academy works on ETAM as it is a two year program?

1 Like

Good for your early planning student!

The plan is good, apply TAMU BMEN first (before early decision deadline 10/15/2022), and Biology second are good choices. BIMS is also a good choice. https://bims.tamu.edu/

TAMU has S2M (Science to Med) and E2M (Engineering to Med) programs. (See below)

https://medicine.tamu.edu/admissions/early-assurance/s2m.html
https://medicine.tamu.edu/admissions/early-assurance/e2m.html

Yes TEAB is assigned by Admission, TEAB is basically overflow of main campus, so as Engineering at Galveston and McAllen. So these are not plan B but considered as full admit (Plan A)

Engineering Academies are old programs originally sponsored by Chevron, six major community colleges with instructors under TAMU payroll in this program (Blinn Breham, Houston, Dallas, Austin, Midland, Alamo). Equivalent courses are identified by TCCNS codes.

Academies are two year programs by default. Students completed two maths+two science in less than a year with 3.75+ GPA can go through the same ETAM process to automatically gain the engineering major of their choice. (Yes including the CS and Aerospace…) So it can be done in 1 year. But most students transferred in 1.5 years because spring grades are not ready yet. Two maths are definitely M151/M152 (Calculus I and II). Program is restrictive (other local CC with equivalent TCCNS math classes may not be accepted as waiver of class)

Academies application is a separate process, first apply to one of the six academies, once reviewed by the academies, second phase will be approved by TAMU. It is a contract like TEAB. Blinn Breham have more students successfully get to TAMU simply because more enrollment. DCC (Dallas) students have highest average GPA (get to their first choice engin major by percentage so assuming teachers are better)

Learn the process here. Engineering Academies | Texas A&M University Engineering

3 Likes

Still nothing. Just asked him. Getting bummed. :sleepy:

Nothing.

same here, nothing.

FYI, someone mentioned getting the class of 2027 thread started for those juniors and parents already looking ahead. I just started the thread. Same label s this but 2027! Jeez does Class of 2027 make you feel as old as it does me?

4 Likes

Still nothing… also Bio 1st quarter

Nothing here! Applied in August - 1st Quarter - Computer Engineering!

1 Like

Even though I’m only class of 2026 it kind of does lol

Looks like PSA decisions are coming out. I just saw on Reddit that someone posted a screenshot of their PSA decision received today

Eek. Not surprised but eek. Check change of major button. That will disappear first.

2 Likes

I think he’s right. My son was on the waitlist for Viz. His major still says Viz in AIS but in My Howdy it has changed to BAC- Gen Studies. Says College Station for location. Guess I need to read all the former posts to find out what that means. Is that Blinn?

Correction Univ- general university. Sorry

I think that’s gateway?

1 Like

Does it say Summer or Fall?
GEST is Gateway-General Studies

This is what it says. I don’t remember when I last checked but probably Monday and it still said Viz.

1 Like

It’s not Gateway.
Hopefully @ChristiR93 can clarify!

2 Likes

@Momof3B someone just asked about PSA on one of the FB Parent pages, so you must be right…

@hstrsphnt wondering if it could be full admission, but admitted as General Studies?
(I don’t know what PSA offer looks like).

General Studies code should be GEST, it may be initial code for University Studies, the final code will be added after advising but this is just a guess.

The main difference between “General” and “University” studies is “General” has a probationary clause for students to complete a semester or two before entrance to major while University Studies itself is a major with different concentration.

1 Like