Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Yes, GEST Is Gen Studies. But University Studies is US-then initials of the program.

2 Likes

It is general studies with full admission. Your first 2 majors are full. You will either be asked to choose another major or you’ll work with advisors in the fall to move toward your intended major. Then it’ll be a change of major and you’ll have to be accepted to it. If you meet the requirements it’s a slam dunk (unless mays or engineering of course).

So to be clear… full admit. Not university studies. General studies and move towards desired major.

And oh… congrats!!!

8 Likes

Psa offers will lose change of major button. Then when it populates in AIS/manage application on howdy, itlll show you the campuses available.

2 Likes

It says fall so yay for full admit.

1 Like

Thank you for so much for your insight! Good luck to all.

3 Likes

@ChristiR93 I was reading this year’s postings but also waiting on 2027 thread to get started :slight_smile:

1 Like

She started it already!

1 Like

It’s up! Here’s a link to it: Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Hi there,
I have been following this for awhile now, and just thought I would ask what might seem to others as obvious, however I really don’t understand.
If it still says under review then why is everyone saying that it is a full admit, or even suggesting it? Did I miss an earlier post?
I have a daughter who applied in October for Animal Science, and her AIS still says app complete and under review.

Here is a screenshot of what it says as of this morning:

I think earlier suggestions a full admission offer is pending has to do with the appearance of 6/7 tabs when you log into the Howdy portal. When those tabs appear, AIS may show “complete and under review” for a temporary period of time before changing to an admission notification (I think).

Thought we were checking too early this morning but 7 tabs are there. Major changed to UNIV-General University. It’s also my DS’s birthday today.

21 Likes

Congratulations! What an awesome birthday gift!

Lost our change of major this am. Does that mean PSA is coming?

Congratulations and Happy Birthday to your son! What an awesome birthday gift.

Yes :pensive:

@cardiqueen Wow!!! Congrats!!! Awesome bday gift!!!

@Nksg My son had been on waitlist only for his major (a very small major and we knew it was a long shot). Since his major changed to something else in My Howdy, from past patterns, it was an indication that a decision had been made. He did get 7 tabs this morning. Nothing else has changed. I am very surprised as I thought going waitlist only he would end up with PSA when his major filled. But this supports what ChristiR93 has said all along- students are accepted (not officially, but 7 tabs strongly suggest the possibility, still crossing fingers and toes) into the university regardless of major. Hope this helps to clarify.

3 Likes

@cardiqueen congrats! For Summer or Fall semester? And location is still College Station?

1 Like

@hstrsphnt While you are waiting for AIS to update, go to the records tab and in the middle of the screen click on unofficial transcript. On the next screen you will click submit. On the page that comes up it should give some more detail on what the major and offer will be.